Home
Posted By: las ANC black bears - 04/17/15
Just made national news - at least on OAN.

$5,000 donated by someone (I missed that part) for "relocation".

JEEZE!
Posted By: las Re: ANC black bears - 04/17/15
I mean- my "yard" brown bears eat them things! smile
Posted By: 79S Re: ANC black bears - 04/17/15
That's what people don't understand [bleep] do gooders you move them 1. Brn Bear is going to make short order of the cubs 2. that happy little family as the anchorage weirdo call them will be whittled down to 2 maybe 3 total
Posted By: stevelyn Re: ANC black bears - 04/18/15
City folk.............
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: ANC black bears - 04/18/15
JFC! The damn governor put his $.02 in and now they are going to pay to relocate a family of trash bears. Unfugginreal!!!!
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: ANC black bears - 04/18/15
You want to see next level crazy. Read the comments on this article. Wowza! Talk about a real chitstorm!! Polar Bear hunter from FBNKS.

http://www.newsminer.com/features/o...e46794e-e4d4-11e4-a20e-1f303dfd20ff.html
Posted By: 1Nut Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Mindless dumphuks who choose to jump on the emotional rhetoric of the liberal media.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
JFC! The damn governor put his $.02 in and now they are going to pay to relocate a family of trash bears. Unfugginreal!!!!

Walker is an idiot and all those enlightened folks thinking Mallott was not proof positive of that gave us something special...

If Parnell is Captain Zero, Walker is well into negative integers...
Posted By: kroo88 Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Do I even need to say.......predictable?
Posted By: las Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Expensive feel-good move, and probably a death sentence anyway, being a mom with 4 cubs to protect, put into an unfamiliar, already claimed territory......
Posted By: maggie Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Relocating wildlife is best left to the animals in charge, barring human interference, they seem to work that out betwixt themselves, and they have been for centuries.

Ptarmigan: Read the replies to the polar bear post, typical responses from the uneducated city dwelling tree huggers. Any chance you might take them fishing with you, with a pocket full of rocks to toss in the brush while they relieve themselves, just to see if their opinions of "bears" changes any?
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by maggie
Relocating wildlife is best left to the animals in charge, barring human interference, they seem to work that out betwixt themselves, and they have been for centuries.

Ptarmigan: Read the replies to the polar bear post, typical responses from the uneducated city dwelling tree huggers. Any chance you might take them fishing with you, with a pocket full of rocks to toss in the brush while they relieve themselves, just to see if their opinions of "bears" changes any?

As much fun as it sounds I think things would end badly. Good chance someone would be "walking the plank" and it wouldn't be me!
Posted By: las Re: ANC black bears - 04/19/15
Yeah, well - there actually has to BE a plank..... smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
How long before they are back in the same neighborhood?

Gotta wonder the over/under on that!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
Come back they will... or die trying...
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Not if they move them to Kodiak I., though they will undoubtedly die, even without trying.
Posted By: 60n148w Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
A few years ago a Brown Bear was trapped in Cordova and taken to Montague Island,a few weeks later it was back to it's old haunts. Afters it's short vacation,it got a lead collar.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Not if they move them to Kodiak I., though they will undoubtedly die, even without trying.

They would not do anything practical like that because they are not native to Kodiak. But the big bears would clean up the mess quite quickly...
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
They should move them to Juneau, let our problem legislators deal with the problem bears.

[Linked Image]

Bears getting into trash are pretty much a given. Just happened to come across this guy at lunchtime last year. Unless Alaska Waste goes to bear safe trash cans nothings going to change. People put their trash cans on the curb in the morning, trash isn't picked up until later in the day, and bears have plenty of time to be bears.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
Ban the bears, move in a bunch of Syrians; good ol anchorage grin
Posted By: stevelyn Re: ANC black bears - 04/20/15
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
You want to see next level crazy. Read the comments on this article. Wowza! Talk about a real chitstorm!! Polar Bear hunter from FBNKS.

http://www.newsminer.com/features/o...e46794e-e4d4-11e4-a20e-1f303dfd20ff.html

I've been noticing for a few years now that Fairbanks is getting due for a flushing of DSMF lefty trash. Most of the commenters are women that can't function above the emotional level. Unfortunately some dumbass thought it was a good ideal to let them vote. And the men making similar comments? Well, they are missing their nutzacks.

Polar bears aren't endangered. It's the Marine Mammal Species Act that bans hunting them on US soil by anyone but indigenous folk.

I love the place, but I've decided to retire well outside the boundaries FNSB.
Posted By: ironbender Re: ANC black bears - 06/23/15
Well, they ain't coming back.

Fish and Game confirms killing 4 of the 5 Government Hill black bears
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: ANC black bears - 06/23/15
Was going to happen sooner or later. I've never understood the relocate thing as its not like we have a shortage of bears.
© 24hourcampfire