Home
Posted By: 79S Holy smokes - 04/26/15
Talk about a real [bleep] show 3 moose completely gone to waste.
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=260920&page=3
Posted By: TNsavageman Re: Holy smokes - 04/26/15
There was a post about this outfitter in '13 titled 2014 Moose and Sheep Hunts. Interesting to see that this pops up. Bad situation.
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Holy smokes - 04/26/15
That's insane. The operation should be put out business. What area does he hunt out of?
Posted By: 79S Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
Originally Posted by bearstalker
That's insane. The operation should be put out business. What area does he hunt out of?

That's what I'm trying to figure out where at in the Alaska range, apparently they fly out of Wasilla...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
He guides in Unit 19, subunits 10 and 12. here is auseful lini from ADF&G on guiding areas;
http://commerce.state.ak.us/occ/apps/GuiUseReg.cfm

He is one of the reasons the sheep hunting has become very difficult there...
Sitka Deer is he the one who is dumping all those guys in the wrangells?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
No, I do not think so. He is in 19 way West of the Wrangells.
Oh ok cause you mentioned subunits 11 and 12... Whats [bleep] up these guides go in one area shoot the [bleep] out of the moose once shot out move into other units. Sometimes I wish the state had a nonresident cap in all units to prevent this type of stuff..
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
We have similar problems with guides here in B.C. it is time to massively change the whole system and shut them down. Yes there are some good outfitters but they are becoming fewer all the time. Having a draw system for non residents would help but the big thing that needs to be done right away is a zero tolerance policy for the guides, one infraction and you are done, no more second chances.
GerryGoat I agree but the guides up in AK for some reason wield a lot of power again some good ones but its ones like this one that ruin an area for years. In unit 13 there was a guide who shot an area out for sheep. Now that same guide has moved onto different area of the state I think he has hung his hat in unit 12 now.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
Originally Posted by 79S
GerryGoat I agree but the guides up in AK for some reason wield a lot of power again some good ones....

Exactly the same situation here to the point where they are writing the rules for the government. It needs to change and it will in due time.....
Posted By: rost495 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
Maybe limit what the guides can take in each area is just the same as limiting NR tags.

Doesn't bother me one way or another as a NR at this time, I"ll hunt or fish whatever we can whatever year we can, but its not the NR fault, its the guides fault.
Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
Here you go. Ads for his services back in 2013 on here.

Where there's smoke, there's fire:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8334053/1

Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
Another similar story from Tom Shankster's camp in Fall 2014:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?21742-Alaska-Range-Dall-Sheep-My-First-Sheep-Hunt
Posted By: rost495 Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
I knew i'd heard about this jackleg before.... the nmlarry posts answered where.....
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Holy smokes - 04/27/15
He's a guide so in Alaska he comes first and foremost. He's the only one that's been bestowed the power to take non-residents after dangerous game like Mtn Goats and Dall Sheep.

The state will probably pay his legal fees and just add a supplement to outfitters and non-resident hunters to offset the increase.

ADF&G has probably already issued an apology letter to the APHA.
Posted By: labdad Re: Holy smokes - 05/01/15
They are in George Palmer's old are on the Dillinger, North of the South Fork of the Kuskokwim along the Range.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Holy smokes - 05/01/15
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He's a guide so in Alaska he comes first and foremost. He's the only one that's been bestowed the power to take non-residents after dangerous game like Mtn Goats and Dall Sheep.

The state will probably pay his legal fees and just add a supplement to outfitters and non-resident hunters to offset the increase.

ADF&G has probably already issued an apology letter to the APHA.

WOW, I am learning a lot on this thread
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Holy smokes - 05/01/15
Phil I mean no offense to you but if you take exception feel free to refute.

The APHA has a huge influence in the rules and regs, that much is fact and that's what where my sarcasm was directed. Not at you personally as I believe your reputation to be solid.

Just look at the bulls.it rule change in area 2. The guides association was instrumental in getting that passed, which [bleep] over many outfitters, transporters and hunters...but immensely benefited guides.
© 24hourcampfire