Home
Posted By: Klikitarik Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Those who might be inclined to follow the oft-times observed rule..removing your muddy/sandy/wet footwear upon entering a residence in many parts of Alaska..........beware ..... there is a thief in these parts.......he has been observed mumbling incoherent rhymes to nonsense rhythms..... he is fond of wet and smelly footwear ....which often end up missing when he comes round...

His name is Shupac Takur

Posted By: Ready Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Go check the chimney. Something is not right. You dizzy?
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Originally Posted by Ready
Something is not right.

Restating the obvious is not much of a response. crazy
Posted By: Ready Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Well, pardon me for being concerned. grin

You on look out for the bugger?
I had my teenage sons 'looking' over night...thought I done good considering the bait I was trolling with. wink (Yeah, I sympathize for them too! smile )
Posted By: cv540 Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Have to admit that this topic has me completely baffled as to what you are talking about. Scratching my head???
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Those who might be inclined to follow the oft-times observed rule..removing your muddy/sandy/wet footwear upon entering a residence in many parts of Alaska..........beware ..... there is a thief in these parts.......he has been observed mumbling incoherent rhymes to nonsense rhythms..... he is fond of wet and smelly footwear ....which often end up missing when he comes round...

His name is Shupac Takur

I always spelled his name differenter.

Appreciate the correction.
Okay, well, it's all a pretty lame attempt at humor, and probably doesn't belong here or anywhere else on the 'Fire. Nevertheless, I saw a young fellow the other evening wearing a shirt idolizing a popular rap 'artist' of very similar nomenclature. I thought, "What does that have to do with Alaska?" Then I realized that the guy on the shirt was probably just a thief who couldn't spell. I would bet I'm not wrong.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
He ( and it usually is a he) usualy shows up at our cabin during winter get togethers.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
'twas funny!
Originally Posted by 458Win
He ( and it usually is a he) usualy shows up at our cabin during winter get togethers.

Sometimes I swear 'he' must be only left-footed (or is it only right?)

Or maybe that's a whole nuther deal? smirk
Maybe if you sat over the bait pile you could catch them

[Linked Image]
Thanks for straightening things before you took pics in our house. wink Normally I would be embarrassed but it's very neat for a change.

smile
Posted By: Joezone Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/20/15
Reminds me of a similar villain, the Birkenstalker.....
I put hello kitty tape on mine and that seems to help. A lot.
I put hello kitty tape on mine and that seems to help. A lot.

And a new fad is born......... grin
Originally Posted by ironbender
'twas funny!

Thought so too, and I'm just a DSMF wannabee...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/21/15
LOL Klik, the rapper you named the shoe thief afters real name is TooDead Forsure! laugh
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/22/15
Thievin' bastid............

About four years ago I put a pair of hiking boots on the front porch to sun and air out on one of our rare sunny days and noticed them gone a couple hours later.

Having no dogs around or anyone that would actually come up the driveway to take them, I started looking around and found them several yards off to to the side of the house. Apparently one of the resident foxes decided to carry them off for whatever reason.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/22/15
It can happen on other continents as well. When I hunted Botswana's Okavango Delta a dozen years ago, a guy who'd been there before suggested I buy two pairs of cheap canvas high-top basketball shoes, for wading around in the swamps. One pair could be drying overnight while I wore the other, and the high-tops prevent the shoes coming off in muck.

So I bought two pairs of black Converse Chuck Taylors, which I discovered were so cheap because even then they were being made in China. After the first day of chasing Cape buffalo around the swamps I put the wet pair in front of my tent, where the sun would dry them. When I came back for lunch they were gone, but the one person in camp didn't know anything about it.

That evening, however, there they were--not only dry but cleaned and ironed, including the laces. It seems the women who did the daily laundry (a traditional safari service) thought my swamp shoes needed help--and since the camp was way out in the bush used their old-fashioned hollow irons, heated by campfire coals, to do the job.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/22/15
Hey Phil! Can you grab my boots for me?

Phil: Which ones are yours?

Mine are the white bunny boots!
smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: las Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/24/15
Several decades ago (you guys are getting old!), when I was still in college a couple classmates decide to Spring ski from Barter Island to - crap- I forget. Anaktuvik maybe - anyway across several hundred miles of what is now ANWR.

Later, one of them decided to repeat the trip in summer, solo, hiking. Them Norwegians just ain't all rocking on both runners....

He was laying in his tent one morning when he heard something. He had his socks drying on the guy line of his single man tent, and a wolf sneaked up and stole one.

I saw the pictures. From 2 feet distance.

Bad syntax there - I saw the pictures which were taken from 2 feet distance.
Posted By: las Re: Beware the thief.... - 05/27/15
It's only rarely shoes around here. Mostly it is gloves, and his name is Tripper Lab..

Dug a missing one out of a berm just 2 days ago...

He's sooo much help! smile
Maybe if you sat over the bait pile you could catch them

[Linked Image]
Only in Alaska!
© 24hourcampfire