Home
Posted By: Rolly Getting Bear Spray to Alaska - 06/10/15
I may be going fishing along the coast this late summer. Lots of big browns in the area too so how do I get my bear spray to AK? I will be flying commercial.
I believe you're only allowed to transport 4oz or less via checked baggage on commercial flights. I'd just buy it up here and give it away afterwards.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Getting Bear Spray to Alaska - 06/10/15
That sounds easy but I will only be in airports until dropped off in Yukatat. There is a little store there though that might have it. I will check when I arrive. Thanks.

GO HAWKS !
I called Yakutat True value for ya. They have 7oz UDAP bear spray on the shelf. $42.95 + tax. Not cheap but if you have to have it they've got it. Depending on where you are staying you could probably score some that somebody left behind, if you are into rolling the dice on its charge.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Getting Bear Spray to Alaska - 06/10/15
Great. Thank you very much.
Originally Posted by Rolly
That sounds easy but I will only be in airports until dropped off in Yukatat. There is a little store there though that might have it. I will check when I arrive. Thanks.

GO HAWKS !

It's a well known fact,Brown bears don't attack Seahawk fans, don't worry about it.

wink

Unless you are a Blackhawk fan, then yes, you'll need a can.
Posted By: Tombo Re: Getting Bear Spray to Alaska - 06/16/15
If the fish are running the bears are to busy eating tasty Salmon to bother with a stinky human.
My friend, you are most certainly invited to be my guest if I ever go for salmon in Alaska. And don't you bother with silly personal hygiene.

I will even rent you an individual tent.

Just downwind of mine......

Cheers!

When I fished Yakutat in 2005 I didn't even see a bear.
Posted By: Tombo Re: Getting Bear Spray to Alaska - 06/17/15
Originally Posted by Lockhart
My friend, you are most certainly invited to be my guest if I ever go for salmon in Alaska. And don't you bother with silly personal hygiene.

I will even rent you an individual tent.

Just downwind of mine......

Cheers!

LOL, Been there, done that. By the way I have an Alaskan drivers license.
By the way I have an Alaskan drivers license.

Then you're not qualified to answer anything about bears, the only ones that can are people for the lower 48 who have only seen bears on TV and watch a bunch of AK "reality" shows.

More likely problems you will face.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The essentials will be available.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire