Home
I wanted to give a shout out to Matt C from Big Lake who had posted his own vehicle for sale or trade on c-list and unknowingly swapped his vehicle for my wheelers, which were stolen. A day or two after Matt traded for my wheelers he saw his vehicle on a lemon lot in Wasilla and grew suspicious. Matt saw my 'stolen' listing on c-list and returned both my machines (trailer is still missing though) and never asked about the reward I posted (I gave it to him regardless).

I had left the wheelers on a vacant property owned by an acquaintance on the Tok Cut-off for three days and a shifty Hungarian with an expiring visa stole my machines to raise money to get out of the country and is probably in Canada now, according to his brother.

Lessons learned:
*Don't give someone the opportunity to steal your crap! (It was locked, chained and parked at the back of the property, but that didn't matter.)
*Trailers are NOT covered on your homeowners policy! It's only covered if you're in an accident.
*Insurance will probably only pay 50-60% of retail if you have insurance on a stolen atv.
*Don't give up hope finding you're wheelers! I bought an '08 Ranger 6x6 on Monday (7-13) and had my wheelers returned (in good shape, with new ignitions too!) 7-14!
glad you got em back

kudos to Matt C, sounds like a stand up guy

lordy but I hate a thief. tis what they made tailing piles for to cover up their bodies.

sadly the laws have changed, for the worse imo
Wow, that's a happy ending. I detest a thief.
There's still some good people in the world, to spite what you hear in the news. BTW, not talking about the thief.
Glad you got them back. Gives you faith in people.
(in good shape, with new ignitions too!) ...I'm slow this morning, they cut and hot wired I take it ?
That's good to hear. People who steal suck.
© 24hourcampfire