Home
Hey guys, I dug around a little yesterday for this but didn't find anything, wanted to confirm my findings (or lack thereof).

Here in Texas, during the "conservation order" season for light geese, essentially, anything goes. No bag limit, no possession limit, no tube limit (normally 2+1 of course), and electronic calls are legal.

Is this ever, or has it ever been, the case in Alaska? I think it varies by flyway, so it may or may not be granted.

Or is there ever any other season/game where the 2+1 tube limit does not apply?

Thanks!
Alaska has almost no snow/Ross goose hunting. There is one very small nesting group at Prudhoe Bay and that is it for the entire state. There are a lot that migrate through but when they hit the Beaufort they hang a left and fly out to Wrangel Island.

Fewer than 100 nest in Alaska most years.

We get no opportunity to lay waste to the overabundance of Canadian white geese.

As to the question, we can use unplugged shotguns for upland birds and such. It is only a Federal law on waterfowl hunting.
But that did not stop a TSA agent in SeaTac from forcing me to show her the plugsin my shotguns. She was convinced they were illegal because they had no plugs.

Two O/Us and a SXS...
Please tell me you made that up?

Yes, yes indeed let's put the idiots in charge
Are you talking about these birds?

[Linked Image]
We see very, very few white geese here in Delta and the rare flock we do see are probably Wrangell Island birds that came up the Yukon drainage.
Lesser Canadians and Speckle Bellies in the fall, white geese in the spring out of the west side.
I have seen a total of one snow goose in AK and that was on the Susitna river one year.
Some years we get a bunch around Anchorage on their way by. But not often. I live close to the beach and hear them in the early spring sometimes without seeing them.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Are you talking about these birds?

[Linked Image]

Where is that?
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Please tell me you made that up?

Yes, yes indeed let's put the idiots in charge

True it is... she made an airport cop check my guns because she said she was not allowed to handle them???
Y-K Delta......not to worry though, as that is largely a refuge area, the feds will 'manage' it all away.

As for the TSA, I haven't seen it all, nor do I want to, but they can't surprise me based on what I've seen so far. If "stupid" was money, the TSA would have solved our national debt problems long ago.
© 24hourcampfire