Home
Posted By: Steelhead Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
Going back to the early 80's.

Downtown in the square (well u shaped) that had The Village, Tony's and Macks. If you were looking at the Village there was another place on the left that we would drink at, can't think of the name.

I also think there was a place on the right we'd go to eat, seems we called it Solly's but not sure it was actually called Solly's.

Posted By: akjeff Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
Henry's?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
It is Solly's to the right, and Henry's is still there to the left as Jeff said. You can walk out of Henry's across the covered walk and step straight into Tony's...

But you probably won't step out straight... "Biggest Navigation Hazard in Kodiak" the sign says...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
Yep, Henry's and yep Tony's is right there, thanks!
I do remember Beachcombers and Rendezvous...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
Rendezvous is still there, but Beachcombers is the Salvation Army (or similar charity, suddenly not sure) these days.
I was discussing bars with the wife. One of those was the first bar I ever went into as an adult, I'm pretty sure it was the Village bar.

Posted By: labdad Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/07/16
We taking votes on you being an "adult"? 😎
Well, you know.....

There was another bar in Sand Point that I've been to a few times but I'll never remember that.

Every time we pulled into Dutch it was the same drill. Dinner at the Unisea and off to the Elbow Room. Aside from Sand Point, Dutch and Ketchikan I think the only other place we stopped at that had a bar was Nome and that was the Board of Trade and one other place I can't remember.
Posted By: akjeff Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, Henry's and yep Tony's is right there, thanks!

Cheers!
Posted By: 14Homer Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/14/16
The Beach Combers became a topless/bottomless bar. They sold it to the Salvation Army. The sign outside said totally nude dancing on top and church services on the bottom.

One stop shopping.
Solly's became Henry's.
Henry's has some good burgers. Nothing like going in there and getting a burger and a pitcher of beer after hunting for 2 weeks.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/14/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
...... I think the only other place we stopped at that had a bar was Nome and that was the Board of Trade and one other place I can't remember.

Nome only has a couple; there is the BOT, of course, and Breakers, Anchor, Bering Sea, Polaris. Perhaps I'm leaving a couple out, but I know I'm not missing any. wink (Nome's Front Street: where the color of the Northern Lights might be lacking, but the sidewalks never are. sick As they say - "There's no place like Nome")
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/14/16
It was awhile ago. The last time I was in Nome was the summer of 1984.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/14/16
Lots of things can't be forgotten quickly enough. laugh
I forget the name but in Nome one of the better restaurants is also owned by the guy who owns the honey wagon. Or at least he used to own both.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/14/16
GIGO
Posted By: Okbow87 Re: Help with a Name Kodiak - 02/21/16
Henry's was awesome after eating mountain house for a week straight this last September.
© 24hourcampfire