Home
Best of luck to all you poor donors...
Let the whining begin.

Someone is going to win!
I won 3 permits in 30+ years ...1/10yrs for me
Good luck to everyone.
With any luck, we'll still have firearms come hunting season.
If I remember correctly, they have the emails sent out at 12am on Friday? Its' been a few years since I've drawn. In for 3 etolin elk tags. I'm due.
What time is 12AM?

wink
It's between 11:59:59 and 12:00:01.
Originally Posted by las

AM or PM? laugh
Good Lord.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las

AM or PM? laugh

Uh, that would be one of each, but which comes first?

laugh
Chicken
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I won 3 permits in 30+ years ...1/10yrs for me
I know someone, that has gotten most of the tags he has applied for for the last 10+ years. He must just be luck!
Well Mike strahan is excited only time AOD gets any buiseness guys either crying the blues or guys drawn for tags that don't where to go to.. And the guys bitching about guys drawing tags and not knowing where to go.
That site is frickin dead these days. Most guys seem to have moved over to Rokslide, AOD censors way to much. This time a couple years ago I would have 2 pages of new topics in the hunting forums to read after working for 8 hours, now you're lucky to get a page of new topics in a week.

After tomorrow I'm guessing a lot of guys going to be calling for a point system, lots of complaining, and what do I do now threads. Not sure why they want point systems so bad, they don't seem to be working well for the states that do have them.
I've contributed a wealth of fishing info to that site. Now they want to charge charter operators to have their own forum on there? No thanks.
BTW, longest day ever. Will the Etolin Tag Curse continue?
It's hilarious the guys that constantly complain about AOD yet they always know what's going on over there hahahahahahahahahaha.

My favorite thread over there as of late is the member who shot another member on montague last fall. And to top it off he was a hunter education instructor!!
Originally Posted by Calvin
I've contributed a wealth of fishing info to that site. Now they want to charge charter operators to have their own forum on there? No thanks.

The fishing forums were the only thing worth checking out on that site. Now, not so much. Calvin, you've always been one of the good guys I looked for, thanks for sharing.
I liked the waterfowl forum, it's not busy in the off season, but during the season it's nice to keep up with how the other guys are doing.
The post sheep season was always entertaining. There were some pretty long rants about the AKF&G, non-resident guides and non-residents in general.
Ate a lot of popcorn reading those posts.
Sheep hunters worse of the bunch over their... Always trying to save the world with ideas that were over the top... I occasionally Check out AOD but a bunch of good guys left that forums..
Well its 0004 and no results so I am still in the race!
I've been checking every 5 min, it's going to be a long day...
With the time difference, only the janitor is there now checking on his results.
Less than 6 hours now...I'm on jury duty so will only get to check a few times for the final 3 hours...
Still nothing in my inbox either. Seems like in previous years it was earlier??
I have never gotten an email before the results were released. I know one yr guys got emails before the results were released but I suspect that was a glitch in the system.
I'm thinking somebody needs to get to work and push "send".
Originally Posted by arctic338
Still nothing in my inbox either. Seems like in previous years it was earlier??

last yr gof the results around 1400-1430 colorado tim so we will see this yr what happens.
Technically they failed already... "by" today's date really means they were due out yesterday...
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
That site is frickin dead these days. Most guys seem to have moved over to Rokslide, AOD censors way to much. This time a couple years ago I would have 2 pages of new topics in the hunting forums to read after working for 8 hours, now you're lucky to get a page of new topics in a week.

After tomorrow I'm guessing a lot of guys going to be calling for a point system, lots of complaining, and what do I do now threads. Not sure why they want point systems so bad, they don't seem to be working well for the states that do have them.

I use to be a regular on that site but between all the rules and the pompous holier than thou do gooders I got tired of it all. I ran into Brian M this past weekend while staying at Alpine Creek Lodge, he seems like a good guy and knew who I was as soon as I told him my username. I visit that site maybe a couple of times a year just to see what's happening.
Aod ...me couple times a years,checked my buddy list on there....most my Buddy's have been given the boot!
Nothing for me.
Nothing for me

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/l...2015results/winter-2015-draw-winners.pdf
Nothing for the wife as per usual.

I drew DC485.
Nothing for me.
DB 252 for me smile
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I drew DC485.

Hunt Number: DC485
Regulatory Year: 2016
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Caribou
Legal Animal: To be announced
Number of Permits: 5000 permits

Holy crap!!
Pard drew Timberline. Looking forward to that.
I drew DC485.

Holy crap!!

The hunt supplement says 1000 tags, first I had heard of the 5000.
LOL, cabin fever...I generally wait and see if email....

Maybe next week one day i'll go look if I don't have email.. LOL, nothing i can do to change the results, so I'm not in a hurry to see em like I used to be. Damn I'm getting old.
I got DC590 this year. Looking forward to giving this one a go. Applied for this one in hopes of doing like a sheep/bou/bear combo hunt out of it.

Anyone have any knowledge on this one and who to fly out with?
Nada....
Originally Posted by bearstalker
I got DC590 this year. Looking forward to giving this one a go. Applied for this one in hopes of doing like a sheep/bou/bear combo hunt out of it.

Mike Meekins, Meekins Air Service.
Zero for me ...zero for my kid ....ZERO
DM770 for me. I usually got so wrapped up in duck hunting in AK that I neglected Moose, guess I'm finally going to have to get serious about it.
I drew DC485.

Holy crap!!

That's C&P from the F&G website. Perhaps it's an error.

Still, that's in addition to the Tier I permits, yes?
Sorry Jeff. No bison for you.
If that's not a typo, that makes over 13,000 tags being issued for 13 this year right? If so, god that place is going to be a nightmare to hunt.
I drew DC485.

Holy crap!!

That's C&P from the F&G website. Perhaps it's an error.

Still, that's in addition to the Tier I permits, yes?

I saw the 5k number when I looked up the results, they must have changed the info from the time they printed the supplement to today. And yes, plus Tier 1.
Originally Posted by bearstalker

Mike Meekins, Meekins Air Service.

Yep.
Maybe it will close by EO on day 2. <grin>
Wife and daughter drew valley cow tags again this time they drew DM 413. They also drew DC 485 what's funny I put them in for party hunts. I didn't draw anything. At one time I had a pretty good streak going not anymore. My wife has drawn a tag every year.
Donor here!

On the other hand, if I get the replacement track on the Bravo tomorrow, I'll be caribou/wolf/moose hunting Sunday! NWArctic rocks!
ha, guess I don't have to look. Cheater. Grins.

Won't keep Carolyn and I from invading in the fall though. LOL
Ha, icing on the cake, the email saying no bull, no cow just came in.

I'd forgotten what i"d put in for actually... couldn't recall if moose or bison....was thinking bison only...
Originally Posted by rost495
Won't keep Carolyn and I from invading in the fall though. LOL

Appreciate the warning!
DM709 for me
Is DS123 a good tag?
DE723 for me and a hunting partner.
DC 485 for me.
Originally Posted by WDH
Is DS123 a good tag?

Yeah right! Who got it this year?
Originally Posted by WDH
Is DS123 a good tag?

Nope. Pretty worthless.
But you can transfer it to me and I'll try to deal with it. laugh
Nothing for me.

Me neither. I have been applying for 12 years and I think that I will just give up trying. It's crazy.

Had I just saved up the money for 12 years instead, I would have been able to go already on my own.
What tag are you putting in for? I've been putting in for Etolin Elk for 13 years. 15-25% odds. Still haven't been drawn. It's getting funny, as I've had buddies get the tag 3 or 4 times while I keep coming up with goose eggs. I probably should just go south for an elk hunt, but it's nice to be able to do it a boat ride away. Anybody want to hunt OTC Elk down south somewhere?
Originally Posted by 406_SBC

Nice.

I've been putting in for Etolin Elk for 13 years. 15-25% odds. Still haven't been drawn. It's getting funny, as I've had buddies get the tag 3 or 4 times while I keep coming up with goose eggs. I probably should just go south for an elk hunt, but it's nice to be able to do it a boat ride away. Anybody want to hunt OTC Elk down south somewhere?

I don't know if funny is the right word - at least you know how to catch fish and deer . . . smirk

Colorado has a lot of units where you can pick up an OTC NR elk tag. I've got points, so I'm looking at better quality hunts.

In for 3 etolin elk tags. I'm due.

So, you've taken up archery? IIRC there is an early archery hunt and two rifle hunts. Buddy said he heard a bugle on Zarembo during an archery hunt.
I went out and got my bow certification this year so I could put in for the archery hunt. All 3 guys in the class were doing it for the same reason. 1 more chance at Etolin.

If I have a good king opening this year, I might fly south, buy a Taco, and throw a dart at a map and go elk hunting.
Zarembo has been closed for a few years now, btw.
Originally Posted by 406_SBC

Nice.
Appreciate it. We're looking forward to it. We have some pretty good connections on Kodiak so we aren't doing it blind. We'll see how it works out, should be a good time regardless.
© 24hourcampfire