Home
Posted By: butchlambert1 New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
This may have been posted before.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lHR6bpupwJk?feature=player_detailpage
Posted By: Bluemonday Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Oh, to live in Fairbanks and own one of those.
Posted By: sidepass Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Very cool.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Impressive - if you have no need to carry cargo.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
That would be fun but any mechanical glitch in close quarters flying such as this might lead to a nasty face plant in the tree tops.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Pretty impressive.
WOW! Thanks!
I went to the site to try and find some "spec's." on the double ender but
nothing. Trying to find out it's STOL characteristics. Any body help me out there. Cheers NC
Remember, this is a prototype. The idea is good. Now they take it to a more useful plane that would carry a load.
Posted By: rost495 Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
if you could carry a load.. well I probably couldn't afford the plane either which way anyway...

Posted By: Pugs Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Very cool airplane. I figure it's no worse than a Cub when it comes to carrying stuff. With twin engines it will be interesting to see if the come up with some sort of belly cargo container.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/12/16
Damn...
That is kewl.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/13/16
They mention a side-by-side two-seater near the end. That would seem to promise at least a little "back seat" room for cargo. But allowing room for the rear prop limits the amount of cabin possible.
Posted By: Bluemonday Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/13/16
Originally Posted by Pugs
Very cool airplane. I figure it's no worse than a Cub when it comes to carrying stuff. With twin engines it will be interesting to see if the come up with some sort of belly cargo container.

Doesn't a Cub have enough room for a couple of packs behind the passenger's seat? The guy figured out how to strap a dirt bike to the bottom of Super Cub. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to carry a couple hundred extra pounds of gear.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/13/16
There's enough room in a supercub to add enough weight to keep it from taking off smile

Unless that rear seat of this thing is set up like a limo, there is a lot of room behind the seat. It would be interesting to see how it balances with all that engine weight, and up high. Video makes it seem really stable on the ground, but they had a nice even strip too. Sure gets off the ground though!
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/13/16
That has been around a while. I believe it uses two Rotax engines.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/13/16
Yep.

http://www.bushplanedesign.com/specs.html

They list them at 172lbs each here, which isn't as bad as I thought: http://www.bushplanedesign.com/specs.html
They have been around for several years - looks like a blast to fly and the visibility from the cockpit looks amazing.

Posted By: KC Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/14/16
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Impressive - if you have no need to carry cargo.

I had the same thought.

Posted By: gmsemel Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/15/16
Well when you look at the state of the light piston twin engine market- I doubt that this aircraft is going to go anywhere! With two engines your operating cost are going to be four times as much! And its going to be a home built! Now that river he was playing one looks a lot like the one I did my off Airport training when I transitioned from airplanes to helicopters thirty three years ago!
Posted By: 17_wizzer Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/15/16
Fun to watch. thank you
Love when someone looks at a veteran design and does some reworking with modern materials.
Posted By: labdad Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/15/16
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraft/Piper-TwinCub/IMAGES/Wagner-twin-cub.jpg
Posted By: atvalaska Re: New bushplane prototype - 03/15/16
There was a one man plane on pontoons that they were showing off at the sport show up ...around 2000' or so (date)...never seen any in the field. …
© 24hourcampfire