Home
US Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor is heading to Fairbanks

This August, Alaskans have a chance to see an associate justice of the nation's highest court speak in Fairbanks.

"A conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor" will take place August 14, during a free event hosted by the University of Alaska Fairbanks Summer Sessions.

Sotomayor will answer questions during the afternoon lecture.

Summer Sessions and Lifelong Learning Director Michelle Bartlett said that the stars aligned to make the event happen.

http://www.adn.com/alaska-life/2016...ce-sonia-sotomayor-heading-to-fairbanks/
I would have to pass on that...
No sshit, Sherlock! wink
Time to close the gate on the Richardson again.
Sad something that pathetic has such a huge influence on the entire country...
To hell with that lying cuhnt.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You mis-spelled "pass".

Maybe we could offer her a float trip? After the election.
Originally Posted by las

You mis-spelled "pass".

Maybe we could offer her a float trip? After the election.

I like the way you think!
If the salmon are running someone should take her to brooks falls to fly fish for salmon.
She would be better off wearing ropes in the Macy parade... Then up here....
I recall when Reagan and the Pope met at the airport back in the day.

huge crowd according to the News-Minus

just never have understood folks fascination with celebrities.

oh well, works for me, when there's a bunch of folks at one place, it makes it easy for me to decide that ain't a place I want to be.
Hmmm...no takers so far.
Sonia Sodomizer, the Affirmative Action Associate Justice, along with the other Marxist Justices’ should be impeached, disbarred and removed for violating their oath of office. Responsibilities of the Supreme Court only include: 1) The power of judicial review. The Supreme Court plays an essential role in ensuring that each branch of government recognizes the limits of its own power, 2) The Supreme Court protects civil rights and liberties by striking down laws that violate the Constitution, & 3) The Supreme Court sets appropriate limits on democratic government by ensuring that popular majorities cannot pass laws that harm and/or take undue advantage of unpopular minorities. In essence, the Supreme Court serves to ensure that the changing views of a majority do not undermine the fundamental values common to all Americans, i.e., freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and due process of law. Yet she and the other Marxist Associate Justices allow their personal political views to influence their reasoning and they insist on legislating from the bench, a clear violation of Article III Section 1 of the Constitution.

Hopefully, no one will show up for the "Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sodomizer."
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hmmm...no takers so far.

Walt must not be around.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Sonia Sodomizer, the Affirmative Action Associate Justice, along with the other Marxist Justices’ should be impeached, disbarred and removed for violating their oath of office. Responsibilities of the Supreme Court only include: 1) The power of judicial review. The Supreme Court plays an essential role in ensuring that each branch of government recognizes the limits of its own power, 2) The Supreme Court protects civil rights and liberties by striking down laws that violate the Constitution, & 3) The Supreme Court sets appropriate limits on democratic government by ensuring that popular majorities cannot pass laws that harm and/or take undue advantage of unpopular minorities. In essence, the Supreme Court serves to ensure that the changing views of a majority do not undermine the fundamental values common to all Americans, i.e., freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and due process of law. Yet she and the other Marxist Associate Justices allow their personal political views to influence their reasoning and they insist on legislating from the bench, a clear violation of Article III Section 1 of the Constitution.

Hopefully, no one will show up for the "Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sodomizer."

Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of "fans" in Fbks.

Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of "fans" in Fbks.

Wish we could show them around Alaska; ‘twould be good for the second largest metropolis in the northwoods. (I’m not sure I even know what that means but I’m sure I might get help defining it. :P )
Lots of them need to go on a crabbing trip.

Two soaks minimum, please...
You know a dollar to donut I am going to have to deal with this crap as Teacher Inservice dates coincide with her visit. I have to be there because they take attendance. I will be the guy with earbuds on.

Two soaks minimum, please...

Seal hunting on ice is might be interesting. ...... Less soaking, more fulfilling. smile
Originally Posted by kaboku68
You know a dollar to donut I am going to have to deal with this crap as Teacher Inservice dates coincide with her visit. I have to be there because they take attendance. I will be the guy with earbuds on.

Pears sent. You have my sympathy.
She needs to get her resume in order......
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: What the hell, Randy? - 08/15/16
You forgot to stop by and pick me up on your way to go see Sonya! mad

I even had a little Grey Goose stashed in a bota to smooth the occasion!

grin

(Damn, I'm glad you don't know my address..... I don't think. laugh )
Posted By: ironbender Re: What the hell, Randy? - 08/15/16
Don't fib. I know you boys were there with handout-walt.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: What the hell, Randy? - 08/15/16
Don't fib. I know you boys were there with handout-walt.

Did you read about that in the Po-lease blotter? Inquiring minds want to know how that got out. whistle
Posted By: ironbender Re: What the hell, Randy? - 08/15/16
I have connections in da banks.
© 24hourcampfire