Home
Posted By: KC Subsistence Board Meetings - 07/20/16

Is anyone attending the Subsistence Board meetings being held in Kotzebue on July 19, Nome on July 20, or Barrow on July 25? I'm curious what you're hearing/seeing.

KC

Here is the utube link for the Kotzebue meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFFPKMcHVo

There will be another meeting in Barrow

Link and a toll free number. For you guys who have hunted in unit 23 it would be a plus to offer your comments. This is the first step in what will be more attempts to allow "Local" control over management issues which will keep you out of some of the best hunting in the country.

If you're not sure what a wonderful hunting unit the NW Arctic is I encourage you to PM KC and many others on the fire and they can fill you in. Keep in mind that this current closer affects a hunting unit that is larger than Indiana.

Unit 13 is next!

Barrow7:00-9:00 p.m.; July 25, 2016Inupiat Heritage Center5421 North Star Street, Barrow, AlaskaTeleconference: TOLL FREE (866) 864-5314Passcode: 3091862
Posted By: KC Re: Subsistence Board Meetings - 07/21/16

Walt:

Thanks for posting the link.

KC

You bet KC...This will effect all of us who hunt in Alaska and this is the crack in the dam.

Walt
Posted By: KC Re: Subsistence Board Meetings - 07/24/16

The third and last of the public meetings will be held tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Will they vote tomorrow? Or will they schedule another meeting to consider their findings and vote then?

What have they done in the past?

KC

Posted By: KC Re: Subsistence Board Meetings - 07/25/16

The last of three meetings is occurring right now. I wish I had a live camera feed inside the room.

KC

Posted By: KC Re: Subsistence Board Meetings - 07/27/16

They have lots of bureaucratic analysis to do before they can present the data for review by the Board. So it seems like they won't even meet to consider the proposal until some time in August.

Thanks KC

What I have learned is there will not be any change this year but the work is for 2017.

Walt
© 24hourcampfire