Home
In the past week we've had three instances of people barricading themselves in their houses, one which involved a shoot out with the cops and then the crazy lady in the woods by Dimond High School.

I expect a little bit of crazy, but this is getting out of hand.
Since cabin fever can't be the culprit I suppose that the only possible answer is that they're Anchorageians.
I am convinced that "communities" are not large groups of people living in proximity to one another. Cities are disasters waiting to happen.
Our society makes more and more allowances and allows greater ability to be odd/unusual/stupid/different/strange/weird. Too many folks think that is their license from the gods. Society as a "community" is failing us.
With half the state's population living in Los Anchorage, it is a good place for them to hide in plain sight.

An other community in Alaska is primarily based on folks who think alike, e.g. Fairbanks, where you have to be nuttier that squirrelshit to live. laugh (JUST KIDDING!)

It is probably the most diverse community in the state and thus it draws the weirdos, then there are the folks who just go nuts.

My view from here.

Ed
All the normal people you see in Fairbanks commute from North Pole. smirk
Originally Posted by Mesabi

mmhmm....
Its a snowball effect, usually triggered when people insist on driving in the passing lane at reduced speed.
Originally Posted by Mesabi

BY "normal", you must mean 'cause they drive like they're from Anchorage eek as they commute?

wink

I rather like the way Fairbankians seem to revert...generally... to acting like a bunch of rural midwesterners when they drive during power outages and the traffic lights go black. My wife always comments on how polite drivers become, stopping and taking turns. smile
Its all the fault of climate change.
I think it's clear that the lack of traffic light synchronization is driving people insane. Or at least mad.
Too many L48 fahqs coming up and making the rest of us miserable.
© 24hourcampfire