Home
Posted By: Blu_Cs Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
Will be passing through Anchorage on the way to fishing down the Alaskan Peninsula in July, and will have a few hours on my hands. Thinking it would be nice to hit a local sports store that has Alaska-relevant equipment like serious bear loads for a .44 mag, and salmon flies. Ant recommendations?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
Sportsmans Warehouse.
Sportys
Cabelas
Bass Pro
Mossy's fly fishing shop for flies, and Cabellas is just up the street for ammo.
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Will be passing through Anchorage on the way to fishing down the Alaskan Peninsula in July, and will have a few hours on my hands. Thinking it would be nice to hit a local sports store that has Alaska-relevant equipment like serious bear loads for a .44 mag, and salmon flies. Ant recommendations?

Did you mean the Kenai Penninsula?

Grayling like black ones...
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
Its the Wildman Lodge. They call it the Alaskan Peninsula in their advertising. Its pretty far down the peninsula. This is my first Alaska trip so I am not fully dialed in.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
Oh yeah, Wildman is on the real peninsula! I have an old video from them, but never made it out there to fish. Enjoy!
Posted By: WDH Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Did you mean the Kenai Penninsula?

Read his post again. He said Alaskan Penn. You might need to pull out an atlas after you brush up on some reading comprehension.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
holy pluck some people have sand in their manginas tonight.
Posted By: las Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/16/17
More like Jalepenos.
Mountain View Sports, if you have questions and want knowledgeable answers.
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
Mountain View Sports, if you have questions and want knowledgeable answers.

LOL...

Sorry, not the feeling I get after only knowing everyone there forever...
Still better than the folks working for the big box stores.
Posted By: pak Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/26/17
I like B@Js
Originally Posted by pak
I like B@Js

And since you left the best guy at Mt View went to work for them.
Posted By: pak Re: Sports Store in Anchorage? - 02/27/17
All the better, I suppose.
He knows his stuff, for certain.
He can be like talking to BigStick sometimes. But Like Stick, if you listen, the info is in there, and it's spot on.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
He can be like talking to BigStick sometimes. But Like Stick, if you listen, the info is in there, and it's spot on.

You know Eric, too?

wink
Nope, never met him. Haven't been to his house, certainly never fished with him.
© 24hourcampfire