Home
Posted By: boatanchor Walt Berger left the range - 09/20/21
I didn't know quite where to post this..........

Walt Berger passed away yesterday, he was a good man and a giant in the industry
he will be missed RIP Walt
Am very sorry to hear that. Walt was both a great AND good man. I got to know him on a "field test" trip to New Zealand in 2007, when he was still undecided on whether to market Berger VLDs as hunting bullets. Not only got to tour the factory (then still in Arizona) with him, where he explained all sorts of technical stuff, but alao sat next to him on the 12-hour flight to NZ, where we talked even more. Was also alongside Walt when he killed a HUGE red stag with his pre-'64 Model 70 .257 Robert with one 115-grain Berger VLD. Eileen was on the same hunt, and loved Walt. The world is lessened by his passing.

Posted By: jwall Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
Condolences to Family & Friends

Jerry
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
Godspeed, Walt. A thought and prayer for those left behind.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
Great guy and a life well lived. Met him several years ago at the Berger SWN. Good man
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
Rest In Peace Walt.

Always a standup gentleman. Any time I had a question when e-mailing him I always received an answer to my question.

I'm with 10at6 He was a good man.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jwall Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
DANG !!

He had RIGHTS to be proud (in a good sense)

Jerry
RIP Mr Berger.

You had a lasting impact on the bullet industry.
Posted By: pullit Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
RIP
Posted By: Joe Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
Condolences to the family. Death is a very sad occasion but, remember the soul lives forever. That is why it is so important to seek Jesus while He may be found. And gentlemen, the time to do that is very short, it's winding up very fast!
Posted By: hanco Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/21/21
RIP sir, he may be gone, but his bullets are everywhere. They are the most accurate Iโ€™ve shot, always got a reply when I had a question. Thatโ€™s a heck of a red stag!
Posted By: JeffG Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/23/21
Yes, Quite a legacy he's left us, Thank You Mr. Berger! Shows what real devotion to the craft can achieve.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/23/21
RIP Mr Berger.....you have left your mark on millions of shooters.....
Posted By: Huntz Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/23/21
Did not know him,but he made some great bullets.RIP
Advanced the art for all of us, and that's quite a legacy. Thank you, Walt.
Posted By: CraigD Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/23/21
What a loss! RIP
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Yep, and her personally used/tested all his own bullets, whether on targets or game. That's why Walt went to New Zealand, to make sure the reports from many hunters about the effectiveness on his VLDs on big game were true.

He was a perfectionist, as many successful people are--especially in the shooting world.
Nice man, that's for sure. I talked to him, on the phone. I was all ears!
Posted By: chamois Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/24/21
After reading Mule Deer's article on the performance of Berger Bullets in that already mentioned hunt in NZ, I sent an email to Berger Bullets generic email address with some questions and I was greatly impressed to receive a reply directly from Walt!

After that I criss crossed a couple of emails with him, and one thing that stood out inmediately and constantly, was how interested he was in hearing to other's experiences with his hunting bullets, and the great pride he put in his work and in his product.

A great man by all means.

Rest in Peace.

Alvaro
Posted By: Gibby Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Yep, and her personally used/tested all his own bullets, whether on targets or game. That's why Walt went to New Zealand, to make sure the reports from many hunters about the effectiveness on his VLDs on big game were true.

He was a perfectionist, as many successful people are--especially in the shooting world.

I remember reading about this trip. I'd already been using Sierra Match bullets in various calibers on game with good results. I still do.

He sounds like a fine gentleman and a pioneer in the bullet industry. RIP Walt.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Walt Berger left the range - 09/24/21
Sorry to hear.
He sure made accurate bullets
RIP
RIP Walt Berger,
The shooting world is diminished with his loss.

Condolences to his family and friends.
I too remember reading about the NZ hunt and exchanged a few emails with Walt. RIP Sir and hope the Red Stags on the other side are even bigger.
© 24hourcampfire