Home
Posted By: kk alaska Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/20/24
Saw one out at the range today guy that had loved it. Any one have one? thoughts?
Posted By: southtexas Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/20/24
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../garman-xero-vs-labradar-lx#Post19289046
Have one, pretty neat little piece of equipment! Easy to use and accurate.
Just got one.

Seems a little fussier on placement than what I've been reading and seeing on videos. Garmin said reset the software if it doesn't read every time. Did that, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

For what it's worth, the speeds I did get matched exactly with what I got with that load/rifle a couple years ago with a MagnetoSpeed V3.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/20/24
Mine has been very unfussy about placement, so maybe yours was “confused”.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/20/24
Mine has been anything BUT fussy. Reset and rock on
Wish my MS V3 would sh it the bed, so I can upgrade.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Lots to like in a little package, Mine has never missed a shot,

Caveman simple user interface,

I have not had a single issue with placement either, simply point down range,

At the Public range where I shoot benches are about 6 feet apart, Mines never picked up someone’s else’s shot, Nor do bunkers, posts or overhead baffles down range seem to confuse it, In short, mines been flawless, maybe 400 rounds recorded so far,

Just do it.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19285239/1

dave
Posted By: Region6 Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Just got one.

Seems a little fussier on placement than what I've been reading and seeing on videos. Garmin said reset the software if it doesn't read every time. Did that, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

For what it's worth, the speeds I did get matched exactly with what I got with that load/rifle a couple years ago with a MagnetoSpeed V3.

1775 post to your credit and nothing is easy for you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mines been bullet proof.
Mine has not missed a shot yet.
Originally Posted by Region6
Mines been bullet proof.

What cartridge did you shoot it with?

Did the bullet leave a mark?

Good thing it wasn’t in the pocket of your skinny jeans, otherwise that may have smarted some…..
Posted By: geedubya Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Gone through three Shooting Chrony's in the last 20 years or so. Set up takes time, usually at least 15 minutes to take out of the case, set up sky screens, place 9' from the muzzle and align. Have to have the elevation just so. Shoot the skyscreen.

I am loving my Garmin. Turn it on, click on new session, click on appropriate velocity and place on bench beside rifle.

So easy an old fart can do it!

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Mines been bullet proof.

Good thing it wasn’t in the pocket of your skinny jeans, otherwise that may have smarted some…..

😂🤣😂 today was a good range day.

Thanks for noticing my jeans😘
Posted By: Hudge Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Saw one out at the range today guy that had loved it. Any one have one? thoughts?
I bought mine at BPS in Anchorage in November. I tried buying online and it was a no go as they would not ship the thing as it has a lithium battery. I really like mine, and do not regret buying it.
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Just got one.

1775 post to your credit and nothing is easy for you.

Mines been bullet proof.

Yours does sit on that bench beside its box very well.

Congrats..........
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Anyone used one with a muzzleloader shooting a sabot/bullet? I'm curious if the sabot would cause any issues.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Caveman simple user interface, …

WHAT DID YOU SAY?
Posted By: centershot Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
I've had mine a couple months now. Rifles from 30-06 to 17hmr, Pistols, Airguns, Bows - thing works awesome. So easy to set up and use that I use it more than any of the sky screen types that I owned in the past. Highly recommended.
Posted By: Puddle Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by geedubya
Gone through three Shooting Chrony's in the last 20 years or so. Set up takes time, usually at least 15 minutes to take out of the case, set up sky screens, place 9' from the muzzle and align. Have to have the elevation just so. Shoot the skyscreen.

I am loving my Garmin. Turn it on, click on new session, click on appropriate velocity and place on bench beside rifle.

ya!

GWB

Hey geedubya, what brand are those tripod legs you're using? I'm gonna need a pair like those for when I'm shooting the 400.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

Hey geedubya, what brand are those tripod legs you're using? I'm gonna need a pair like those for when I'm shooting the 400.

Here ya' go.

https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Flexible-Universal-Samsung-Cameras/dp/B083QYHX3K?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Anyone used one with a muzzleloader shooting a sabot/bullet? I'm curious if the sabot would cause any issues.

No sabots yet. I have shot some paper patched bullets with black powder and had no issues with the paper leaving the bullet.
I must say, in the short time the Garmin has been around, the number of positive threads dedicated to it increases.

It’s a hit and one of the best things released to shooters since indoor plumbing and the abolition of pay toilets.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Mines been bullet proof.

😂🤣😂 today was a good range day.

Thanks for noticing my jeans😘

lol…….👍
Finally had a chance to mess with ours again today. We reset the software after the first time and maybe that did the trick for this time, but it worked flawlessly today. Shot an 81 round string of .22LR and it read every shot. Shot 5 rounds of 30-30 170gr reloads and it read them all. Shot 36 45LC 250gr reloads and it read them all. So, I'm sold on it. Covered 22s, pistol, and rifle. Good chrono.
Posted By: ribka Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I must say, in the short time the Garmin has been around, the number of positive threads dedicated to it increases.

It’s a hit and one of the best things released to shooters since indoor plumbing and the abolition of pay toilets.

Steve you're such an anti gun anti freedom hypocrite. Remember when you supported the Trudeau covid lock downs in Canada and you celebrated the arrest of Truckers and the covid passport to leave your home? You're a joke
Posted By: Hipshoot Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/31/24
Anyone make a nice carrying case for the unit and tripod?

I see Midway carries a screen protector for about $30 bucks.

I'm on the verge!

Hip
Posted By: SKane Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/31/24
Hip;

Unit fits perfectly and the price is right:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CK6QGM7?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Posted By: drop_point Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/31/24
I just bought a Magpul Daka case for mine. Chose bright orange so I don't lose it.
Posted By: Hipshoot Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 03/31/24
SKane,

Does the tripod fit in the case also?

Looks Good!

Hip
Originally Posted by Hipshoot
SKane,

Does the tripod fit in the case also?

Looks Good!

Hip
Pic in this thread. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19179830/garmin-xero-storage
Posted By: Hipshoot Re: Garmin Xero Chronograph - 04/01/24
Thanx Guys!
© 24hourcampfire