Home
Posted By: Godogs57 Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
Just found out this morning that Jay Jarrett passed away. Jay was Kenny’s son and the one who ran the business. Prayers up for a wonderful friend.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
Wow, sad news. I have talked with Kenny on several occasions. Hate to hear of a parent losing a child.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
Kenny lost his daughter a few years ago as well. That's almost too much for one man to bear.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
I hate to hear that. I met her in Houston when he was manning a booth. She was his helper & was probly 12ish.

Sad, sad, sad.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
Am very sorry to hear both. Met Kenny years ago--in fact if I recall correctly, Melvin Forbes introduced us at the SHOT Show. (We talked quite a bit after that, both in person and over the phone, and he once sent me a rifle to test, which of course shot tiny groups.) Hope he can bear up under all this.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Am very sorry to hear both. Met Kenny years ago--in fact if I recall correctly, Melvin Forbes introduced us at the SHOT Show. (We talked quite a bit after that, both in person and over the phone, and he once sent me a rifle to test, which of course shot tiny groups.) Hope he can bear up under all this.

I think I still have the magazine with that article you wrote, it was excellent.

Sorry to read about Kenny's son passing.....RIP Jay. Condolences to the family
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/27/24
Very sorry to hear this. Visited Kenny’s booth and had a great conversation with him a few months ago at the SCI Convention in Nashville.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Kenny lost his daughter a few years ago as well. That's almost too much for one man to bear.

That's the truth
Posted By: 163bc Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/27/24
Sad to hear this
Posted By: bluefish Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/27/24
I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. Prayers.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/27/24
Kenny’s coming off some rather intensive back surgery. Saw em both in February. Delivered each of them one of my knives.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/28/24
I bought one of his Beanfield 280AI`s some years ago . I called him and he was very helpful explaining things about it to me . What a great guy . I hope he is able to deal with this terrible situation .
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Jarrett Rifles - 03/31/24
Really sad to hear, I called Kenny years ago. He said to come down to his shop and see what his rifles would do, he loved the .280 AI for his beanfield rifles and they were very accurate.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Jarrett Rifles - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by bluefish
I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. Prayers.

It’s the worst thing a person can endure….. its been 22 years since I lost a son and I think of him hours on end every day
Posted By: RickBin Re: Jarrett Rifles - 04/01/24
Terrible news.

My prayers for all involved.
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Jarrett Rifles - 04/01/24
I talked with Kenny for quite some time over the phone years ago. I enjoyed our talk immensely. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and loss Kenny and his family are having to endure now. Such immense tragedies. I too will pray for Kenny and his family.
© 24hourcampfire