Home
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Winchester XPR? - 03/27/24
Have any of you owned or at least fired one much? Yes, I know they are polymer stocked and manufactured outside the US.
Posted By: timber_nomad Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/27/24
I have a friend with one. The trigger is decent. In the same class as the Ruger American and CVA Cascade in my opinion. I prefer the Ruger in that price range.
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Plastic mag, but a better magazine set up then most of the Rugers. A little clubby, but mine shoots just fine.

I think the Ruger is a trimmer and fits me better, but their magazine BS in the Americans keeps me from buying more. WTF, 5 different styles of mags depending on cartridge and the AI mags are the only ones that have worked for me.
Posted By: SAA357 Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
I read that the XPR 350 Legend is being recalled for discharging when closing the bolt.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by SAA357
I read that the XPR 350 Legend is being recalled for discharging when closing the bolt.

Is that a “feature”?😛

I think about a .350 now and then, and among bolt actions, I kinda like the Franchi Momentum. It has a longer barrel, though that doesn’t get you much with the .350 except maybe better balance, and a bit less noise. OTOH, an AR upper is a good deal for those with a lower on hand.
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24

Why do people feel the need to post everything they've read with no facts?
Posted because I went to Dunhams to buy an XPR and the site said it was not available because of a recall.
Posted By: duckster Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Hmm, I have 2 of the XPR in .350 Legend. No problems but I have not heard of a recall either. Will have to look into it.
Posted By: 4570fan Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Is that a “feature”?😛

I think about a .350 now and then, and among bolt actions, I kinda like the Franchi Momentum. It has a longer barrel, though that doesn’t get you much with the .350 except maybe better balance, and a bit less noise. OTOH, an AR upper is a good deal for those with a lower on hand.
I have the Franchi. I have yet to find anything I don't like about it. It's a sweet shooting rifle.
https://www.winchesterguns.com/supp...announcements/winchester-xpr-recall.html
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Please note that recall dates from 2016. I suspect they have fixed the issue on new manufacture by now.
Posted By: southtexas Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by JakeM78

Why do people feel the need to post everything they've read with no facts?
[

seems to me that was a prudent thing to post. It would give XPR owners a heads up that they should check into it.
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: Winchester XPR? - 03/29/24
have one XPR and it seems to me they are a sleeper in the econo rifle class.........decent trigger , fairly stiff stock , and it is definitely a tack driver

the mags are centerline feed so they work slick and they are not costly , can get extras for around 20 bucks
© 24hourcampfire