Home
Posted By: coolpapabill Weatherby Fibermark stock - 10/29/07
I just picked up a Weatherby 30-06 Mark V with a
Fibermark stock,manufactured in 1989 (Japan).
Interested in some information on the stock,were they
made for Weatherby by McMillan? I paid $500 for the
rifle and a set of Leupold rings in 95% condition.
Thanks
CPB
Good bargain at that price. I would say that the stock is a replacement unit because I'm pretty sure no Fiber stocks came out of Japan which isn't detrimental if the rifle has been properly bedded.
Its a McMillan Weatherby did use them on there early Fibermarks I have one that is lefthand in a 300WBY... hey its a jap gun
you must have a very rare issue, I've never seen one not to say it's not possible. I believe you at any rate.
I have 2 x 378 bee's Japanese with beautiful wood stocks and are well built and fairly accurate both with brakes.
Posted By: RickF Re: Weatherby Fibermark stock - 10/31/07
For the first few years of production, Weatherby did use McMillan stock in the Fibermark and the Fiberguard. That's the Vanguard in a chopped off barrel and McMillan stock. They were a great little rifle.
Not only do I have one my buddy has one as well�. These stocks are a carbon copy of the MarkV Deluxe wood stocks in everyway they even have a white diamond inlay in the pistol grip they are McMillan�s.
Sounds like the Delux allright. The only Improvement would be the detachable mag which mine don't have.
The stock is an exact Mark V Deluxe stock including the white
diamond inlay.Rifle has a 24" barrel,and is in excellent condition.
Thinking about putting on a new Sightron Big Sky 6X42 scope.
© 24hourcampfire