Home
Posted By: 30mmplumber Zoli bolt actions - 02/14/08
Can someone tell me a little about Antonio Zoli rifles? I looked on 3 or 4 web sites and 95% is all about very fancy shotguns.
Does the company still make rifles? thanks for your help, J
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/14/08
Antonio Zoli once made Weatherby shotguns.
Posted By: gahuntertom Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/14/08
After Husquvarna quit making sporting rifle Zoli started making the, I have never seen 1 but there was 1 on gunbroker for $1,200.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/14/08
If you load up their web site in Italian you can see that they still make their bolt rifles, but my guess is they're not imported into the US. I've seen a grand total of one Antonio Zoli bolt rifle (Super Lux) and it was very nice, but it was also very European.

I don't believe there are any importers for their bolt action rifles. Cole Gunsmithing is importing their shotguns and the Superposed Express Rifles.

Zoli makes some outstanding guns, that's for sure. I have their "Z" gun o/u sporting clays shotgun and it's very impressive. The Zoli "Z" gun holds the Italian Proof House record for the highest pressure ever in a shotgun. They measure in Bar, but when you do the conversion, it came out to about 96,000psi...IN A SHOTGUN.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
The Zoli "Z" gun holds the Italian Proof House record for the highest pressure ever in a shotgun. They measure in Bar, but when you do the conversion, it came out to about 96,000psi...IN A SHOTGUN.

Not in my hands it wouldn't !!
Posted By: Huntaria_Setters Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
I have the Z Expedition model. The Boss style lock-up alone makes it really stout. I also think Zoli makes barrels for many Italian makers as well.
Posted By: vigillinus Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
I.have.only.seen.pics.but.apparently.the.Zoli.was.a.copy.of.the.
Husqvarna.8000/9000.series.which.is.a.very.advanced.and.slick.
working.Mauser.derivative.with.pie.slice.shaped.locking.lugs.
which.slide.in.grooves.in.the.receiver.
Posted By: Grasshopper Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
'plumber,

Currently, I own an Antonio Zoli M-AZ-1900 in 6.5x55. In the past I have owned another in 7mm Rem Mag. These are very slick bolt guns. Very smoothe actions. They were once imported by Zoli-USA in Fort Wayne, In. They were only imported for a couple of years. frown

As has been said, they are a copy of the Husqvarna. And I've been told that they were even sold in the Scandanavian states as Husqvarnas.

If you are thinking of buying one, I'd steer clear of a 7mm Mag. Mine had a 1~11" twist. It absolutely refused to shoot any bullet heavier than 140 gr. IMO, the 7-Maggie is at it's best with 160 gr. bullets. And since it would not shoot them, I offed the rifle at a huge loss. frown These days, I've not much use for a "Magnum" anything, so I don't miss it.

Hope this helps...

Grasshopper
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
I was under the impression that the Husqvarna's were actually made by Zoli...I could be wrong on that though.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/22/08
I think that Zoli either purchased, or leases, the rights to manufacture rifles based on the Husqvarna 8000/9000 action after Husqvarna decided to get out of the firearms business.

SBHVA would know the answer!

Jeff
Posted By: vigillinus Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
Otteson.in."Bolt.Action.Rifles"opined.that.the.Husq/8000/9000.
series.was.the.most.advanced.development.of.the.Mauser.1898.
Posted By: djs Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
Zoli is imported by Coles in Maine. See http://www.colegun.com/antonio_zoli.php
Posted By: gahuntertom Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
Originally Posted by djs
Zoli is imported by Coles in Maine. See http://www.colegun.com/antonio_zoli.php

sounds like they are importing a double rifle rather than a bolt but I can't get their pictures tp show.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
Why do you post in this format? It is just an invitation to skip over anything you post.
Ontario,the.space.bar.of.my.computer.is.busted.and.I.am
waiting.for.a.new.keyboard.which.has.been.ordered.Kindly.have
patience.and.tolerance!!!
My.commentary.is.of.course.so.uniquely.and.tremendously.valuable.to.everyone
that.I.
would.feel.very.sad.and.
bad.to.deprive.you.of.it.because.of.a.mere.technical.glitch.
Posted By: 30mmplumber Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
Hey,,thanks for all the info, I did get in touch with Coles Gunsmithing in Maine. They told me they don't do anything with Zoli Rifles, only shotguns. I have a Zoli bolt action receiver without a barrel and no stock, so, I was wondering what to do with it. I had never even heard of the company,,so any info is and was a big help. Thanks to all.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
The expert on all things "Husqvarna" on 24HCF is SBHVA. He doesn't come around too often, but you can reach him directly at [email protected].

I have several rifles with the Husqvarna 8000/9000 action and really like them. There is an outfit in CT, Hansen & Hansen I think, that had a bunch of Husqvarna stocks, but check with SBHVA about Husqvarna parts, since he'll give you accurate feedback.

Jeff
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Zoli bolt actions - 02/25/08
I.have.always.heard,.among.other.things,.that.NYC.was.a.city. that.never.sleeps,.so.you.should.be.able.to.get.a.new.keyboard.
any.time.of.the.day.or.night.

Jeff
Posted By: piperl4 Re: Zoli bolt actions - 09/06/12
I am building a Custom 270 with a Zoli Action, I just got the receiver and barrel mated and only thing left is to have a custom stock made for it. If anyone knows of a good reasonable stock maker please email me at [email protected] as that is all I have left to do. The gun is beautiful and the action is so smooth and tight. I love my 270's but wanted something differant than a off the shelf gun as I am sure they both will shoot the same. Just something about having a one of a kind SN1 gun.
happy shooting all
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Zoli bolt actions - 09/06/12
When it comes to stock making "good" and "reasonable" are almost always mututally exclusive. Compare Richards-Microfit to Wenig.

I'd suggest that you contact SBHVA, the resident expert on all things Husqvarna. Since the Zoli actions are licensed copies of the Husqvarna 8000/9000 action, SBHVA might be able to help.

Jeff
Posted By: blairvt Re: Zoli bolt actions - 09/06/12
I saw them quite often when I was stationed in germany. They were nice and exactly like the newest Husqvarna's. There is some connection there.
© 24hourcampfire