Home
Posted By: Hammer1 Don't have to count those... - 07/22/09
Since Ruger Super Blackhawks, S&W K-frames, and 12 gauge pump action shotguns are ubiquitous...

There's probably three in the closets, one in each pickup truck, maybe four under the couch (the other couch), and one in each purse...

When someone ask "How many guns ya' got ?"

No one expects you to count those, do they ?

The only people I would answer such a question to already know the answer...

Dennis
I have been reading Jack O'Connor's 1978 edition of The Hunter's Shooting Guide, originally published in 1957. When posed with the question of "The All-Around Battery", his answer was
With a .22 rimfire for small game and birds, a .30/06 for everything else from Impala to elephant (with 220-grain solid bullets), and a 12-gauge the owner of the three gun all-around battery could do very well in Africa--or anywhere else!

I guess Jack didn't count handguns, even though there is a section devoted to them, but he did count shotguns. wink
[quote=Hammer1]Since Ruger Super Blackhawks, S&W K-frames, and 12 gauge pump action shotguns are ubiquitous...

There's probably three in the closets, one in each pickup truck, maybe four under the couch (the other couch), and one in each purse...]

When someone ask me "How many guns ya' got ?"
My response is likely to be it ain't none of your damn business.

My wife once asked me, �Do you know how many gun you have?�
My thought was, �Damn I left the safe open!�
After a long pause she said, �Are you going to answer me?�
I said, �Hush, woman I'm trying to count! But I don't know why you've already counted them.�
She said, �Yes, I have.�
I said, �Well how many do we have?�
She said, �I can count 26.�
I said, �That sounds about right.�
After a long pause she said, � When we got married you had 5. What happened? Do they breed?�
I said, �Yes, and don't ask me that question again.�
That was 15 years ago and she hasn't asked that again.
hahaha. I like that exchange! very Pat McMannus-esq
When asked how many guns I have the answer is always; 'more than I need, but not as many as I want'.
My Wife knows how many she has. How many do "WE" have? She would have to count and I would have to give that some thought. Bear
I sold all mine...ALL of 'em...I swear...
Posted By: byc Re: Don't have to count those... - 07/23/09
Originally Posted by TheBigJonson
I sold all mine...ALL of 'em...I swear...

I never even had any. Not sure how they work. What's a gun?
Funny I discribe each one down to the fine detail,but dammed if I can tell how many.I have a truthfully blank look when she asks.
© 24hourcampfire