Home
A buddy was telling me he bought one the other day and i was wondering who made it. he didn't know.
thanks
sez here Granite Security Products
Thanks Utah.
I think the newer ones are Chinese imports.
The one at Sam's Club certainly is.
so, could granite have sub-contracted construction out to the chinese? i would think it very possible.
Originally Posted by hotsoup
so, could granite have sub-contracted construction out to the chinese? i would think it very possible.

Yes.
The newer Sam's Club Winchester clearly had a made in China sticker inside the door that I looked at just a few weeks ago.
I also think the Winchester Legacy model may be made their as well but i would have to look again at my gun store/range as they carry the Winchester safes.
The Winchester safe you saw a few years ago at Sam's that had the 3/16th of an inch plate door was a Texas built unit.
thanks texas.
At one time, they were built in New Albany IN, at a stove-making facility. My buddy bought one, we went over there and picked it up, and hauled it to his house for him. It could be that they are built to spec in various places to save shipping costs, but that's sheer speculation on my part.
thanks. one thing i do know - if one has a "firearms" related question, one can usually find an answer here.
My Winchester labeled safe from SAMs club has a made in USA sticker from granite. Bought it a year ago or so here in Indy.
© 24hourcampfire