Home
THE LIFE OUT OF ANYTHING THEY ENCOUNTER

This 600# MI elk traveled 52" +/- after being hit through both shoulders with one at 90 yards.

[Linked Image]

Found the TSX while butchering tonight

[Linked Image]

Even got the piece of offside front shoulder bone that it busted

[Linked Image]

Just like a puzzle

[Linked Image]

Yep, sure do. wink
Got'm Loaded for My 6.5-284{120TSX} Headed out for Elk The 20Th in Wyomming. I've Also got a Built 700 In 300 Weatherby Mag Coming. If it get Here in Time, Gonna load a few rounds of 130 In it for back up and see If The Results are the Same..{Sure They Will Be}.
Cool
Yep, but you'll have to keep shooting them till something good comes along.... wink
Ingwe
Nothing cooler than this, a MI elk tag comes along as often as a winning lottery ticket and this hunt is only nine days long and dad spent the first two down state with his wife that just had a stroke. We were lucky to make it out and a lot of Copper Tops and Crown and Jack went down with it.......
Thanks for the pics; very cool.
I've never been able to keep one in an elk!
Cool pics.

Story?
Nice going.Looks tasty,any more details?
Was thinking the same thing...that bull is the PERFECT age for eating, and I imagine he hadn't quite started rutting yet....making my mouth water....
Ingwe
TSX's are good ... just wish they weren't so expensive. We pay close to US$110 per 50 when Woodleigh's cost half the price in the big calibres. But a friend sent me a 185gr TSX from a 338Federal that pole-axed a scrub bull (wild cattle) and its performance is/was just incredible.
Cheers...
Con
Since he was so close and an eatin size elk why did you shoot him in the shoulders? Just to test the bullet I guess.
Mildly surprised that you recovered the bullet..............

MM
The further east you get in this country, the higher up on the shoulder shots are placed. When it comes to bull elk, just put him down. Even out here with OTC elk tags, bull kills come about every 10 years on average. Nice job on a nice bull. Please tell us about the cartridge and bullet weight.
Great pics, glad that your hunt turned out so good. May have missed it, but what caliber/cartridge did you launch the pill out of?
Originally Posted by rickt300
Since he was so close and an eatin size elk why did you shoot him in the shoulders?

Why not? Down is down, dead is dead.
Congrats on a fine elk. And yep, those TSX's flat work.
78CJ,

NICE BULL MAN!

Here in Michigan those bull tags are TOUGH to come by... that is literally a once in a lifetime animal. Good show!

Cool post too.

How far did he run after hit? DRT? How long you been putting in for the tag? What zone? What rifle/cal/bullet weight?

Details man... details!
Dad shot him with a Ruger M77 Left Hand in 30/06, and yes the goal is to plant them as soon as possible here. That is a 150 Grain TSX sitting on top of 48 Gr of 4895.
This was dads second year he applied for a MI Elk and was hunting in area L which is just about the entire top half of the LP.

His tag was one of approx 150 bull tags for 38860 applicants.

I'll try and post more hunt details later.

Ryan
I just put a grizzly down where he stood in the Yukon with a 180yd shot using a .30-06 180gr TSX. He was shot through both front shoulders, broadside. A post-mortem, butchering was not in the cards, but pencil hole in/pencil hole out. It was as if a bolt from Thor hit that bear. All the guys at camp were surprised at the performance of the lowly .30-06, as they were packing .378 Wby's for bear.
Nice elk, congratulations!
Don
congrats, hope the medical is sorting itself out.
nice elk and nice bullet!
Ryan,

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing the story and pics. VERY cool!
Fine work by your father, and thanks much for posting.

The TSX is a terrific, expensive bullet. So, too, is the A-Square Dead Tough. If you have time and inclination, give the A-Square a real-world test...I do not think you will be disappointed. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it...not a thing wrong with the idea of TSX Forever.
Nice

Cool pics and good job guys.
Well done fellow Michiganders. May the best memories stay forever fresh.

I hope I draw a MI elk tag while I can still use one. Been trying many years.

-

Thanks for your story.
Nice Elk, glad you and your father had a good time.

I shoot the TTSX in my 30-06 they do the same. Kill stuff dead.<g>

Have a good day.
© 24hourcampfire