Home
I was browsing around today looking for the next "toy" and came across the Model 700 Varmint SF and thought it didn't look too bad. Been hankering for a varmint gun in 22-250 and think this one might fit the bill.

Looks like it was just introduced this year so didn't know if anyone had any experience with it?

Here's a link to it on Remington's site.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_varmint_sf.asp
I just bought a Remington SPS varmet in 223. It's very accurate.I was very suprized when it came,there was no lawyer lock on the bolt.
Have a Remington XR100 Rangemaster in 22-250 that shoots factory ammo under a 1/2". Couldn't believe it because I've never had a rifle shoot so good without doing some load work. I think you would be very pleased with a 700 Varmint SF and I'm not a huge Remington rifle fan, but that Rangemaster has changed my mind quite a bit.
I just picked my father-in-law's Rem 700 Varmint SF in .204 and mounted a Monarch 4-16 on it. It seems like a sweet gun except for 2 things. The crown looks like someone used it as a walking stick, beat to hell right out of the box. I'm sure it is just a fluke. Secondly, they spaced the 2 sling studs too close to accommodate a Harris Bi-pod. Look at the pics.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Remington is getting a phone call tomorrow. I think a new crown is in order. Not sure what to do about the studs though. I may have to grind down a brand new Harris Bi-pod to fit.
© 24hourcampfire