Home
I am going to start reloading my own rounds for my 30-06 BAR;
I have been doing some research on head space, and O.A.L; If I set my OAL guage so my bullet touches the rifleing lead (zero head space), how far back should I seat the bullet, so I don't have chambering problems? I would like to get .002-.003 head space; (little as possible); when my factory rounds are in the box clip (federal fusion 150 gr.), I still have about 1/4 " in front of the bullet nose to work with;
Also, what do you all think is the best powder to use?
I want to work up a good 150gr.load for deer; will be using hornady 150 gr. BT-SP bullets for starters;
thanks, notropis; I just want to make sure that when the shell is in the all the way, that the bullet in the throat is as close to the lands as I can get and still function correctly;
friend of mine uses 4064 in his 30-30 loads, but I also see that
IMR 4895 (the original 30-06 powder is good), plus several others;

I am picking you all's brains so I can get a good starting point;
many guys out there have done this, especially with a 30-06 for obvious reasons;

By the way, mine is a Belgium made grade 2, and shoots almost as good as my 22-250 in my old REM. 788 bolt;
I'd be more worried about bullet concentricity than how close you are to the rifling.
what do mean about 'concentricity'; I am familiar with most bullet dinensions, or round dimensions, such as rifiling, leade,
throat, shoulder, head space,?

You can take your bullet concentricity and go to hell!
is this a joke? I have never heard such!!
what the hell is concentricity?
ORION03; you go to hell;
is this guy for real? is he maybe wanting to talk about B.C.?
(BALLISTIC COEIFFICIENT)?
This message is fo orion03;
I apologize for telling you to go to hell: at the time, it seemed like you were belittleing me, and I wont stand for that;
I have asked one of the site moderators about your comments on 'concentricity';
I will gladly recant, and regress, if you can show me anything about such a word;
If not, then you can still go to hell;
http://www.redding-reloading.com/techlinepages/concentricity.htm
This is too wierd.
Taz...I'm thinking it may be April 1st? This IS a strange thread. A comparison of headspace vs. seating depth may be in order if the thread is real.
It's April already, but it was just May a few days ago.

I'm not sure any comparison would hold up to this.
© 24hourcampfire