Home
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Cast King bullets - 08/01/10
A friend gave me some 180 gr bullets for my .357 that were made in Alberton, MT and I would like to purchase more but no luck with the phone number on the package. Anybody have any info about the Cast King people?
Posted By: shortside Re: Cast King bullets - 08/01/10
Cast King has been out of business for over a decade, IIRC. The equipment was for sale for quite some time. I am not sure who ended up with it. Cast King and Curtis Cast (Bozeman) were some of my favorites, but they are both no longer. There is a guy that is casting and oging to gun shows pretty regular, but I am not sure of who he is, nor do I have any helpful info. Good luck finding some new boolits.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Cast King bullets - 08/01/10
Dang! Those were mighty good boolits. Reckon I'm just gonna have to start looking hard.

Thanks
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Cast King bullets - 08/01/10
Have you tried Rusty in Columbus? Mt Bullet Co. I believe. If he had none like it, he probably could give you a lead on someone who does.
Posted By: Tony Re: Cast King bullets - 08/01/10
Montana Bullet Works makes fine hand cast bullets.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
Anybody have an opinion on Beartooth bullets? I used to like Dry Creek bullets Keith style 45 275 grain bullets but also are no longer in business. Anyone else casting these in Brinell 15 -18?
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
Beartooth makes an excellent bullet.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
I haven't tried Rusty but will do so.

Montana Bullet Works doesn't make the one I am looking for. I have used some of his .45 ACP in 230 grain and they sure are good. Dave makes a very good bullet. I would recommend his any time.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
Bob or Rose Clausen at Magma Engineering can help you find a currently active commercial bullet-caster in or near your vicinity.

Magma makes the casting machines, moulds, and accessories for commercial bullet-casting, and rhe Clausens � good people! � keep pretty good track of who's using 'em, where.

Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
Ken, our friend Dave, down Cody way, has all the equipment so I may just try to round up the correct mold and put his knowledge and machinery to work.

You doing OK?
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
Faint memory tickles remind me that yes, indeed, Dave has some of that good Magma gear! grin

Magma also publishes Paul Moore's little must-read book on casting bullets. Get it. Study it. Every bullet-caster should.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Cast King bullets - 08/02/10
I've been pleased with Missouri Bullet Co, they make a 180 gr .357 and a 300 gr. .452, both in 18 Brinnell:

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=119&category=5&secondary=10&keywords=

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=109&category=5&secondary=14&keywords=

If you buy in quantity the shipping isn't too painful.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Cast King bullets - 08/04/10
Those do look good and the price isn't bad but I just found out that bvac-ammo.com, in Florence, Montana, bought the equipment from the Cast King people about nine years ago and is going full swing, still making good quality bullets so I will probably see them at the next Billings gun show.

Thanks, everybody.
© 24hourcampfire