Home
John has once again shown what a real gunwriter is. In the latest Handloader he takes up that wonderful old warhorse the 300 Holland & Holland Magnum.
Unlike many of our site's self appointed experts, John has hard data on the 300 H&H and its competition. The old gal is equal to and even superior to some of the newcomers and will no doubt be soldiering on long after they join the ranks of the 32 Remington and 38-56.
He demolishes the many incorrect myths about the Thirty-Super and gives a nice review to the new Ruger #1 in 300 H&H.
Required reading for anyone with an interest in learning the truth about 30 caliber magnums as well as why belted cartridges were and are a really good idea, and when it comes to the cool factor there isn't a stainless/plastic rifle that will ever equal this:

[Linked Image]
This is just TFF!!!

While I believe that Mr. John Barsness is one of the finest gunwriters in the business, you Larry didn't always hold him in the esteem you do now.

Remember this gem you emailed me back on 5-23-10?

Email from [email protected]

What is sad is how less than 12 people can muzzle the freedom of 20K other members to express opinions and facts that run counter to THEIR wisdom. As with most blogs the people with the highest post counts spend most of their time congratulating each other on how funny/brilliant/ etc. THEY ARE. The never buy or sell anything and their actual experience consists of what they tell each other.
The fact that they ALWAYS [bleep] on respected books and gun magazines while holding up a has been like John Barns (I prefer that spelling as it reflects how full of [bleep] he is) who can only get an occassional piece in the Rifleman, got canned from Wolfe and has never written a book that has sold 1000 copies, is a perfect and clear indication of the "we're in charge" keyboard bully mentality.
BTW your [bleep] buddy who sent me the fake money is now in the Secret Service database. Tough behind a keyboard but REALLY stupid in real life! HOWLIN!!!
!

Note especially the bolded section.

Like I said, TFF!!

Or should I say HOWLIN!!!

Being disingenuous seems to come easily for you.
BURN! grin
That's a pimp slap!
Why does that rifle have such a big sissy-pad?
I'm thinking nsaqam nailed you Douche Bag....

BTW what part of the net did you google those rifle pics from???
Tough crowd.
SSSSLLAPPPPPPPPP.
Doucheous Maximus
Also wondering, does owning a Monopoly game automatically qualify one for the Secret Service database?....
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Doucheous Maximus

Is that any relation to DoucheousBeer?
mother and father are brother and sister??
Originally Posted by BossLady
Required reading for anyone with an interest in learning the truth about 30 caliber magnums as well as why belted cartridges were and are a really good idea....

Well, regardless of the schizoid nature of the beast, I'd be interested in JB's take on why belts are a really good idea.
Bwahahahhahahaha

Azzhole.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Required reading for anyone with an interest in learning the truth about 30 caliber magnums as well as why belted cartridges were and are a really good idea....

Well, regardless of the schizoid nature of the beast, I'd be interested in JB's take on why belts in general are a really good idea.

Once again Olddouche is embellishing the facts here.

JB said the belt was necessary on THIS cartridge due to the 8.5 degree shoulder. JB does not say anywhere in the article that belts are a "really good idea".

It really is a good article, as is to be expected from JB, but OldBossy's newfound admiration for him is just too hypocritical to let go unnoticed.
Originally Posted by doubletap
Doucheous Maximus

Is that any relation to DoucheousBeer?

Twin brothers (questionable) of different mothers...
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Once again Olddouche is embellishing the facts here.

Thanks, I was thinking it was something along those lines.
any fool with a keyboard to make up any email he wants.

Have you seen my email from Elmer Keith that says Satan invented the 44 Magnum.
Be careful of who you believe and why!

So, does a PM from BossLady qualify me as special turd or am I still just an average turd? confused
Average. I got the same one.
Ok, I'll take your word on it. Maybe we should check with the Poobah; we might both be special. cool
any fool with a keyboard to make up any email he wants.

Have you seen my email from Elmer Keith that says Satan invented the 44 Magnum.
Be careful of who you believe and why!

So, does a PM from BossLady qualify me as special turd or am I still just an average turd? confused

Although I'm sure everyone here knows that Larry did indeed send the email I quoted I'd happily post the entire series of comms with old Larry.
They started when I purchased a book from Larry off of Ebay.

TFF, Larry caught being an asss again and now he's trying to do damage control.

How pathetic!!
I bet JB is rethinking his approach now that bossbish is giving him kudos.
Ok, I'll take your word on it. Maybe we should check with the Poobah; we might both be special. cool

Question is, is that "window licking" "special" or just plain "special"?? grin

That's small-time, I got three. Don't ask me what they said, becasue I had no interest in actually reading them.
Originally Posted by Pete E

Question is, is that "window licking" "special" or just plain "special"?? grin

laugh laugh laugh
I think the PM came from a window licker, I was thinking just plain special.
sorry, boys I got one too.

not special!
Ah but did s/he threaten to have its gay neighbor look you up when it came to town?...

That's only reserved for the most polished of us Turdlike folk.
OldmanTrannyDouche biotch slapped again.... par for the pathetic course.
Larry's habitual lying, combined with his psychotic bluster digs some mighty big holes to crawl out of.

Wow, talk about a thermonuclear bitchslap! excellent! :::SIGH::: no PMs for me so far.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Wow, talk about a thermonuclear bitchslap! excellent! :::SIGH::: no PMs for me so far.

Watch it or I'll tell Ingwe you have the motherload stash of leopard-print clothing. He'll be all over it... wink
Jorge teases me with that stuff....
Also wondering, does owning a Monopoly game automatically qualify one for the Secret Service database?....
Tranny is just full of crap like usual.

Secret service probably has he/she/it/they on their database.

Man I would hate only having one 1 post a day........laffin'
I think Rick should really make the [bleep] howl by limiting he/she/it to 1 PM per day! grin
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I think Rick should really make the [bleep] howl by limiting he/she/it to 1 PM per day! grin
Lol
I'd almost bet $$$ that the anonymous "email" to Rick B regarding the Blacks gone wild thread came from Larry Root.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I'd almost bet $$$ that the annomis "email" to Rick B regarding the Blacks gone wild thread came from Larry Root.

I missed something...
PM
10-4
He, he, he, like shining a light into a cupboard full of roaches, they all come running out.

We look forward to seeing you all this summer in Wyoming.
Re:' 2011 Wyoming and Surrounding Area Campfire Event' (unless I have a hair appointment)

You should really hold it in Pinedale as there are a few of you our friends really wants to meet. But you'ld probably be more at home in Rocket City.

Did you see my email from Elmer Keith ? It's about as real as crotch rocket boy wonder wannabe's one.

Come on now, this thread should be good for 10 more pages of stupid drivel.

Tomorrow's subject will be the reintroduction of the B78 ..... watch for it.
Not a person here questions my veracity with regards to the authenticity of the email you sent me on 5/23/10.

You know it too Larry.

Once again, lying seems to come exceedingly easy for you.
He, he, he, like shining a light into a cupboard full of roaches, they all come running out.

Dude (??!!), a roach motel will fix that for you. Either that, or move into a better neighborhood.
Groupers...Groupers...Groupers...

[Linked Image]
Got another PM from "the boss." You guys are falling behind. Maybe instead of post count = grand poobah status, someone could persuade Rick to do a "Bosslady PM count" that would link to poobah status. That'd be status worth having.

I really like getting 'em, I've never gotten so much pleasure from deleting something without reading it.

I hope he keeps it up.

[Linked Image]

Goodgracious that thing has a a big eraser. I guess one way to deal with the downsides of both wood and synthetic is to make a hybrid. But does rubber really make a good synthetic stock? Me thinks not, and it's plain ugly to boot. It could be fixed however. And while Barsness and the old 30 Super are fine as they are (IMO), I rather doubt the OP is fixed, or can be.
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Watch it or I'll tell Ingwe you have the motherload stash of leopard-print clothing. He'll be all over it... wink

I sure do and I keep buying them for my wife smile

OH!!!! I MADE THE PM LIST!!!! smile
Good to hear you were graced with a PM from OldBossy.

Predictably I was as well.
ingwe,

It looks like the pics came from the Griffin & Howe website - at least, the style appears identical to pics of other rifles on that website.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Got another PM from "the boss." You guys are falling behind. Maybe instead of post count = grand poobah status, someone could persuade Rick to do a "Bosslady PM count" that would link to poobah status. That'd be status worth having.

I really like getting 'em, I've never gotten so much pleasure from deleting something without reading it.

I hope he keeps it up.

This is serious. It sounds like you are trying to usurp the Poobah.
It's damn serious. And it ain't bragging if you can pull it off.
Busted you son of a b!tch
You stole those pictures from the Griffen & Howe just like someone else speculated.
You lying bastard.
Used Rifles section in the Griffin & Howe group, the header for the specific one says
Griffin & Howe-Mag Mauser
Proof again Lawrence Root of Pinedale Wyoming/Florida Keys is a lying rat bastard.

Further more, you ignorant azzwhole the rifle you stole pics of is actually a .300 Wby Mag
[Linked Image]
Dickbag....
Larry is just about the most thoroughly despicable person I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.
No dog in the fight here, but isn't it illegal to steal/take a firms advertising and intellectual property and use it for personal gain?
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Larry is just about the most thoroughly despicable person I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

Wonder he is arguing with himself or not? Course other names like Partsman (?), Brandy, Nightforce, Oldman1942 keep popping up. What a persona!!!

Follow the linkie.......
Hey Boss Lady or Larry or whateverthephuck your name is, stop sending me PMs trying to justify your worth. You've been caught yet again lying. FOAD. jorge
Why Jorge, you know OldmanTrannyDouche is one of the nicest old ladies you've ever met. laugh
Three in one day men. I asked him to quit "PM'ing" me but he wrote this:
"quite lying like you've been caught at on several occasions" assume you mean "quit" ? Please cite examples not word of mouth BS.

"There is no old name. The brat pack got my husband canned and now they are starting on me.

Back when hubby wore the blue suit, BS punks like them would have been swept up off the O-Club floor.

Sad that you don't recognize cowards, slime balls and wussie azz keyboard commandos hiding under a desk somewhere.

They never would have made it in over Chichi Jimi."

So there, you guys have been labeled as such! jorge

PS: I assume "wussie" means puzzie? such language from a lady!
Can BossLady simply be banned from the site? It's a total waste of time and bandwidth, and seems to pretty well ruin most any thread that it shows up.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Can BossLady simply be banned from the site? It's a total waste of time and bandwidth, and seems to pretty well ruin most any thread that it shows up.

OldmanTrannyDouche has been banned once before. But like a cockroach, it continues to come back.... this time in the guise of it's husband (as she wears the pants) Karen.
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Busted you son of a b!tch
You stole those pictures from the Griffen & Howe just like someone else speculated.
You lying bastard.
Used Rifles section in the Griffin & Howe group, the header for the specific one says
Griffin & Howe-Mag Mauser
Proof again Lawrence Root of Pinedale Wyoming/Florida Keys is a lying rat bastard.

Further more, you ignorant azzwhole the rifle you stole pics of is actually a .300 Wby Mag
[Linked Image]
Dickbag....
Good sleuthing Thomas, Ol Tranny has got to be furious. laugh
You guys didn't really assume those rifles were his did you?

He never said they were, I certainly never thought they were his.
PS: I assume "wussie" means puzzie? such language from a lady!

BossLady is NO lady.... and neither is Larry's wife Karen for that matter!
Originally Posted by Kenneth

... No I am sure he just a picture implying the rifle was a classic .300H&H when in fact its a .300 Wby... you know without the intent of implying it was his.
Go check out some other post by oldman1942 or Bosslady since the same person.
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by Kenneth

... No I am sure he just a picture implying the rifle was a classic .300H&H when in fact its a .300 Wby... you know without the intent of implying it was his.
Go check out some other post by oldman1942 or Bosslady since the same person.
Yep and you can guarantee those "other" pics of "his" rifles arent really his either.

We arent dumb like Tranny is..............
I feel bad for JB, He did write a great article that I'm sure many enjoyed, myself included. Unfortunately, the OP in his second paragraph used and in my opinion abused John by using it as a means to lash out against some folks and promote himself on the forum. Reprehensible behavior in my opinion. When I was growing up, we used to call people and things by what they were, based on their respective behavior and treated them accordingly. I have to wonder if a call made to the folks at G&H with regard to the mis-use and I'm sure unrequested use of their advertising might find some traction with them and the offending party with his backside over a barrel

JMHO
BD
Originally Posted by Mesabi
Why does that rifle have such a big sissy-pad?

Because it's a 30 Super?
Hey Boss Lady or Larry or whateverthephuck your name is, stop sending me PMs trying to justify your worth. You've been caught yet again lying. FOAD. jorge

Remember Lee24? Or, was it Liar24?
Gee I wish someone would comment about the .300 H&H article.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Gee I wish someone would comment about the .300 H&H article.

Great article.

Travis

We look forward to seeing you all this summer in Wyoming.
Re:' 2011 Wyoming and Surrounding Area Campfire Event' (unless I have a hair appointment)

You should really hold it in Pinedale as there are a few of you our friends really wants to meet. But you'ld probably be more at home in Rocket City.

Did you see my email from Elmer Keith ? It's about as real as crotch rocket boy wonder wannabe's one.

Come on now, this thread should be good for 10 more pages of stupid drivel.

Tomorrow's subject will be the reintroduction of the B78 ..... watch for it.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire