Home
Posted By: Bearcat74 Stevens 59A .410 Bolt Action - 03/18/11
Guys I was just given a J.Stevens 59A bolt action 410 shotgun today. The gun look to be in very good shape, it's tube fed and it feeds like crap, is this normal? With 2 shells in the tube the first round will load and chamber fine, the last round will sometime comeback into the action and load and sometimes it won't. I'm thinking the tube spring is weak??? Do you know if you can pull the spring from the tube and stretch it for a quick fix? Where can a new one be bought?

Thanks
You might try Midway USA, Brownells for a new spring or Nurmich arms or Gunbroker for possible replacement.

358win
Thanks

Anyone own one of these babies?
1st thing you might try is to clean and lightly oil the tube spring housing and spring. A little rust and dirt go along way into crapping out mechanism reliability. Clean before you bend and stretch things. Magnum Man
I disassembled and cleaned before I ever got started shooting it.
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Thanks

Anyone own one of these babies?

I have one in 20 gauge that was marketed by Sears under their J. C. Higgins brand. It was given to me when I was about ten or so. I have given it away to family and friends several times over the years, but it keeps coming back. Never shot it much after I could afford to buy a real bird gun. It served as my primary means of dispatching skunks and raccoons during my graduate school days when we lived out in rural areas and raised chickens and American water spaniels.
© 24hourcampfire