Home
It's not too early for a Christmas list! !

What rifles/handguns for hunting are you lusting over for CHRISTMAS.

1. 6.5x55 LIGHT rifle. If I can't find a Tikka T3 Lite A LIGHT rifle would be considered. I don't want to start w/an 8 lb. gun and then add to it.

2. 375 H H or 416 RM I don't NEED one but who's talking need, we're talking CHRISTMAS. The 375 is probably more practical due to ammo availability BUT I've wanted to play w/416 since it came out.

3. Ruger # 1 in 405 Win. I missed one earlier this year but I couldn't help it. I think it's a COOL name and COOL looking cartridge.

I WOULD take all three but ONE of the three would make a FINE Christmas present.

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST? ?
I'd like a light, compact rifle in 22 Hornet. Don't care if it's single-shot or a bolt repeater.

Have owned several Hornets in the past, but want a lightweight, compact model.

Virgil B.
Another VX-II
Allright, I'd take a winchester model 70 extreme weather in 30-06. Who wants the crappy stock after I take it off and put the barreled action in a micky????
Wanted to add:

I NEED a Browning scaled down 1911, 22 LR (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
.22lr match barrel for my contender.

I'd be happy with a 700 stainless donor action for a new 7-08 build.
Winchester 70 Classic sporter in LH rebarrled to .35Whelen,

Winchester model 88 carbine in .308

Marlin 336-A deluxe in .30-30

Shaw VII, walnut, blued LH in .257bob

Winchester to start making LH Model 70's.
1. Stainless Model 70 Classic action (long or short) rebarreled to .257 Roberts with a MPI "Mountain Rifle" style stock.
OR
2. Stainless Single Six (both cylinders) 5 1/2 - 6 inch barrel
OR
3. Tom Gilman's #3 .257 Roberts
OR
4. My old SS 70 .243
OR
5. Taurus 941 ? (22mag revolver)
OR
6. Just ONE of my old A-5 or 870 Wingmaster 16 gauges
An 84L Montana in 25-06 with maybe a FX2 6x36LR.
And a keg of powder...grin
Originally Posted by WinModel70
Winchester to start making LH Model 70's.

Amen!

Hell, I could do without Winchester if Kimber would start manufacturing the Montanas in LH.
CZ Safari Classic in .338 Lapua
Winchester Super Grade in .300 H&H
1)A cased pair of Holland&Holland Royal Grades, 12 gauge, please.
2) An original Pope-Ballard .32/40, with all the accessories.

(If one is going to dream, might as well dream big! I'll be a good boy Santa, I promise!)
Ruger 1911.
Luxus single shot in 6.5 Creedmore

Well

This with Links, if you care to purchase on line.

M92 Carbine .454Casull Blue 10+1 20" http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=159&category=8&toggle=&breadcrumbseries

or

M92 Rifle .45Colt Blue/Case Hdnd 12+1 24" Oct Bbl
http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=154&category=8&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

And

Ruger Bisley 45 Colt
http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkBisley/models.html

You need not wait till Christmas...

I have a Birthday comming up...
Originally Posted by JWALL

1. 6.5x55 LIGHT rifle. If I can't find a Tikka T3 Lite A LIGHT rifle would be considered. I don't want to start w/an 8 lb. gun and then add to it.

2. 375 H H or 416 RM I don't NEED one but who's talking need, we're talking CHRISTMAS. The 375 is probably more practical due to ammo availability BUT I've wanted to play w/416 since it came out.

3. Ruger # 1 in 405 Win. I missed one earlier this year but I couldn't help it. I think it's a COOL name and COOL looking cartridge.

I WOULD take all three but ONE of the three would make a FINE Christmas present.

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST? ?

HEALTH!
Ruger #1B 25-06
Whelenman: I had planned to just sit back and read but your request won't let me. WE too often take some very important things for granted. I am 61 yrs old and am NOT in perfect health YET (not bragging) I can do some things MANY younger than I can not.

I for one WISH and PRAY for your better health! !

To better describe one of my wishes. In the 375 H-H, I have already fired it in a REM 700 BDL and it has a PUSH and NOT a sharp or harsh KICK soooo you guessed it, I want a Rem 700 BDL in 375.

My list would certainly include both my boys home on leave safe. !
NIB Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in ........ 257 Roberts. Gotta a nice Kimber 84M Classic Claro in 308 Win (shooter too) that I'd sell if I could find the Mountain Rifle. Hint Hint
I want a glock 23 or a compact Smith and Wesson Auto in a .40

My bday is coming up in a couple weeks maybe I can swing one.
A .243. Haven't decided which brand. The .338 WM is going down the road so I can get it.

Expat
I want absolutely nothing in the way of guns.

I'd like to do more hunting and shooting with the rifles, shotguns and handguns I already have.
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Ruger 1911.

I didn't wanna wait for Sanny Klaws, so I got one last friday for my birthday. Guess I'll be a good boy and ask Sanny for a kimber Montana in .204....
A call from the gun shop, where I have an order for a Remington XCR II in 25-06 or 280, it would make my Christmas. Currently there seems to be none available.
Sako A7 Tecomate
Nosler 48 with the stainless barrel
WBY MARK V 338-06
Zeiss Conquests 2.5-8x32 scopes for the first two
Leupold VX-3 1.75-6x32 HD for the last one.
AMRA
None
Browning X-Bolt Varmint Special in 243Win.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Metsamies
Browning X-Bolt Varmint Special in 243Win.
[Linked Image]

That would be great with 40grs of HS6
Don't need no more guns, just ammo.
bisley 38-40
Originally Posted by GuyM
I want absolutely nothing in the way of guns.

I'd like to do more hunting and shooting with the rifles, shotguns and handguns I already have.

Amen
I want for Christmas:
The promise of another year with my wife of 28 wonderful years.
Reloader28:

Not among the choices ! !

NOBODY is PROMISED tomorrow, much less a year, but GOOD LUCK anyway.
I need nothing, but would like Santa to get my 11 year old daughter one of the newly issued Browning semi-autos in .22 short. When she is done with it, we will pass it on new my just born grand daughter.
Guys, I'm really SURPRISED, out of 700+ readers only 30 something

(I've posted 4Xs I think) have listed 1 or more guns they would like for Christmas.

I certainly DON'T NEED any more guns but we're talking CHRISTMAS and 'like to have'.

I've been around the Merry Go Round & Ferris Wheel per handguns and have wound up with what I WANT & NEED.

I've HAD most of the standard calibers and a few odd balls (5mmRM & 8mmRM) yet there are 2-3 that interest me & I listed them in the OP.

I don't know WHY I want to get kicked SENSELESS by a 416 RM but I want to play w/one. It falls in the 'like to have' category.

I'm kinda intrigued by the 405 Win, and I know I would probably have trouble selling it IF/WHEN I wanted to.

That's what a 'Christmas List' is all about.
2 NULA's one in 30/06 24" stainless barrel & a 270 winchester 24" barrel.

Pre-64 375 H&H Supergrade or Safari Grade (?)

300 Savage 99 takedown

Sauer 202 w/2 barrels 270 winchester & 9.3X62

Remington KS in 35 Whelen

Darne Shotgun 12 guage

Just to name a few laugh

1: Ruger no 1 in 257

2: Colt,S&W or good Spanish copy,32-20 with 6" barrel

3: Old hump back Browning 16 or 20 gauge

And most of all more time for hunting and shooting with my 12 yr old Grandson
I'll probably buy a Ruger in 6.5 Creedmoor by Christmas.
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I'd like a light, compact rifle in 22 Hornet. Don't care if it's single-shot or a bolt repeater. Have owned several Hornets in the past, but want a lightweight, compact model.

The lightest/most compact .22 H I ever had was a Savage Model 23D - clip fed bolt action (action/barrel as a unit). It was inexpensive and shot very tight groups. There are still some around, but today's price is way above the original.
For Panache:
Pre 64 .375 H&H Supergrade
Pre 64 .300 H&H Supergrade

For fun:
Kimber Montana 84L .280AI
Marlin 1894

In stainless or blued, chambered in .256 Win Mag.
Brooke Burke, with a suite of Lingerie from Adam & Eve's leather harness line.....and a few electrical 'items' to boot.
Here ya go!!
[Linked Image]

Me, I would like a mint Savage 1920 in 250-3000 without peep or a Savage 99K in 250-3000.
Dakota 76 African grade in .416 Rigby or .404 Jeff. I haven't decided yet.
This will be mine in 45/110 probably two holidays in a row!! grin

[Linked Image]
iambrb - Brooke B and accessories IS intriguing but NOT ON THE LIST. (RIFLES-HANDGUNS) >g

diamondjim > ai che wah wah ! but NOT ON THE LIST.

I know where a Savage 1920 is, BUT it's a LONG way from mint. I wouldn't want it and don't think you would either.
Zoli Z Sport 34" barrels custom stocked.
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Here ya go!!
[Linked Image]

Me, I would like a mint Savage 1920 in 250-3000 without peep or a Savage 99K in 250-3000.

Hey Jim, did you know int he past I have owned 4 1920's at various times???
http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8203594.0

Sorry, Brooke wins this one:
http://www.zimbio.com/Bipasha+Basu/articles/UuK9y2sDj5p/FASHION+BIKINI+GIRLS
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I'd like a light, compact rifle in 22 Hornet. Don't care if it's single-shot or a bolt repeater.

Have owned several Hornets in the past, but want a lightweight, compact model.

Virgil B.

Browning Micro Medallion?
Originally Posted by GotAmmo
My list would certainly include both my boys home on leave safe. !

Amen!
Originally Posted by jwall

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST? ?

Santa came to see me EARLY. I started this thread in May '11. and I really didn't set out on a mission or have a goal. Actually I didn't have serious expectations, just a hope.

But what do you know Santa Clause must be real! ! laugh

I now own & possess a Win M 70 FTWT in 6.5X55. The purchase has been in the works for a few weeks. I bought BANGEYE's. He's a straight shooter. THANKS. TODAY it came home with me.

It is a PF model, made before the move & switch to CRF. Being a used rifle, it is in TREMENDOUS shape. I would rate it 97% or more. smile
It is light, gun alone weights 6 lb 11 oz. I have a nice Swift 3X9X40 that is NOT a heavy scope.

This combination satisfies 2 real itches I've had.
1. It replaces the FTWT that I let get away from me. I always loved the looks & feel of them. smile

2. I now have a KOOL caliber, one I've never owned before with a great history, both military and HUNTING applications.

Now I'll have to wait for a while to get a scope with ALL them TURRETS. I know you have to have turrets to FLATTEN out the SOFTBALL trajectory of the 6.5s with their PEDESTRIAN veocity. grin grin

Seriously, it'll be a while before I can do any serious loading/shooting with it. I have too much on my plate between now & April-May.

That's okay, I HAVE a ftwt & a 6.5X55 YA HOOOO ! !

It is sitting on the chair behind me as I type. My dear wife picked up a Browning M71 Carbine for me just before I arrived home.

[Linked Image]
This will never happen, but I would love to have one of the new Winchester Model 70's such as the Extreme Weather SS and/or the laminate classic sporter chambered in 6mm Remington and 280 Remington. Both with 24" barrels.
i bought me this 1969 vintage browning hi power

[Linked Image]
Gun related, I'd like a Colt Accurized Rifle for my Varmint AR needs, and though it's not made, a Ruger No 1 RSI in .30-40 Krag just 'cuz. I'd also like a USFA 4 5/8th in .44 SPL.
Gun wise a pre 64 action with a pac nor # 3 finished at 22 inches stuffed in a Echols Legend stock. Caliber ? 375 H&H mag of course. Might as well cerakote it and top it off with a Leupold VX3 3.5 x 10.
Non gun wise would be to have more time to take afield those that fill my safe. Oh yes, Merry Christmas to all.
a Rossi m92 (45 Colt) slicked up by Steve Young.

And a new Ruger BH Bisley
I am yet to shoot several of the riles and handguns I already own. I could use some ammo though.
"What Do You Want For Christmas (rifles-handguns)"

Yes! smile
B R - grin grin

Which ONESSS..

Jerry
Well, there is NOTHING that I really want! I have more choices in rifles, handguns, and shotguns than I could ever possibly use. blush

I would think most would be thankful that we have the plethora of choices that we have. And I am mature enough to know that if any of the major manufacturers thought that they could come out with something that would sell like hotcakes, then they would. smile

I am also adult enough to realize that whatever my lil' heart may desire, myself and only 9 or 11 other folks would really want. So, Rug-Rem-Chester is NOT gonna make it just because I think it's a good idea...

But then, perhaps I lean toward pragmatism... smile

GH
Grasshopper - + 2, totally agree.

Jerry
MP5 and Diplomatic Immunity...... laugh

If Santa was rich:

1. 84L Montana in .30-06

2. Talkeetna in .375 H&H.

3. 84M Montana in .260

4. Ithaca 20 gauge Matte Ultra Featherweight with a synthetic speedfeed stock.

Originally Posted by jwall
B R - grin grin

Which ONESSS..

Jerry

An H&R Handi-Rifle. Really! I love the action, and I want to customize it myself. Haven't chosen a caliber yet. If they made it in 30-40 with fast enough twist to stabilize 220gr bullets, that would be it. 30-30 and 45-70 are also in the running.
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
MP5 and Diplomatic Immunity...... laugh

When you get BOTH let me know HOW. grin grin

Jerry
Not really a Christmas present but I resently sold a M40 replica that never got used and bought a M1A LOADED Monday. It arrived at my transfer dealer yesterday which is sorta like a Christmas present. cool

It sure enough beats the socks I'll be getting in the morning grin

Terry
I was thinking of a 25-06 or 6.5 just because. Also was thinking of of another Ruger SRH ..Maybe in .454 but realalisticly I just need to shoot my .44 mag. more. I have been researching and they make some much hotter loads for the .44 that can work well in a large framer revolver. I have always used the standard winchester/Remington 240 grainers. Gosh I am easy to buy for..lol
So Texas - It seems to me from your post, that you don't handload.

By handloading the 44 you have MANY bullets to choose which ones for which purposes. It's also a LOT cheaper which means you can shoot more.

IF you don't handload, the EQUIPMENT would be a good Christmas present.

Food For Thot
Jerry
Sauer 202 in a non magnum caliber.
1. 1886's in .45-90 and .50-110, pistol grip, half octagon, half round 24-26" barrel, button magazine, stunning checkered walnut.

2. 1895's with pistol grip,(I saw an original with a pistol grip), 24" barrel, stunning checkered walnut, in .35 Winchester and .405.

3. Savage 99 EG in .250 with 1-10 twist and an R in .358 Winchester. Of course great wood and checkering.

Modern levers...BLR takedowns with PG in .260 and .358 with 22" barrels. And a .270 WSM takedown with a 24" barrel. Again super wood and checkering.

Originally Posted by deg967

3. Tom Gilman's #3 .257 Roberts

Hey deg - you still with us now?

Do you mean Tom Gillam (Gilham) sp?, the Hot Springs gunsmith?

What part of Ar do you call home?

I had Tom to do a few things for me including reaming my 35 Rem into a 35 Whelen. I gave him a dummy round for throat dimensions and he did a fantastic job.

The last I heard he retired. Don't know if there's any worse news.

Jerry
Browning Eclipse Hunter in 30-06, Ruger 22 Hornet and a Weatherby S2 in 243 or 270 WSM.
© 24hourcampfire