Home
HELP PLEASE.

Just bought a Zastava M70 in 9.3x62. Now I am looking to either get Warne bases & QD rings or steel Talley QD's.

Scope will be a Leupold
Will low rings work with clearance of the bolt handle, or do I need medium rings?
It should take the same bases as the 798 and the interarms Mark X rifles. Same action. As re: ring height, I've gone with mediums to avoid clearance issues.
Dave
Or FN Mauser
Here is my old MarkX (same rifle) with low rings and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 scope. It worked fine. The Tally Low's should be higher than these.

[Linked Image]

Terry
Terry ,Terry, Terry..

Once again you have proven to be a man of good taste and sound adjustment.

I have a 1970s Mark-X in 30-06 that currently has a reworked Butler creek on it. It works fine, but I want to upgrade, yet keep as a "Utility" rifle..No fine wood on it.

That McMillan stock is just what I was thinking of putting on mine- even the same color.

What weight of fill does it have?

I wish they would make the Hunter's Edge Lightweight pattern for commercial m98s rifles.
Just the standard fill. That with the M98 action makes it a little hefty at 7 3/4lb. before optics. I bought that stock on an ebay auction years ago. The original color was hidious.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Originally Posted by TC1
Just the standard fill. That with the M98 action makes it a little hefty at 7 3/4lb. before optics. I bought that stock on an ebay auction years ago. The original color was hidious.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Is that the new "Ghetto GAP" camo pattern..LOL?

Yeah, that was ugly..

Like the Olive now.

Thanks for the info on the fill.
340 I have two sets that will fit your gun.
1.Conetrol custom bases w/Huntur rings
2.Warne steel weaver type bases w/Burris low/or and medium rings(not the ones with the inserts) powdr
Great gun! You can (or at least should be able to) use the same bases. Take the rifle to a gunsmith for trying before you buy though to be sure.
I think the most interesting part of the original post is the fact that you bought a Zastava M70 in 9.3x62. New or used? If new, who's importing these into the U.S? My understanding is that these are heads-and-shoulders above the Interarms Mark X/Rem. 798/Charles Daly et al in terms of fit and finish.
© 24hourcampfire