Home
I am looking for a flip-up lens cap manufacturer for Zeiss scopes are recommended. I have read numerous reviews that have convinced me that the newer Butler Creek offerings just plan suck; don't seal, break easily, made of very cheap plastic.
I bought a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 and the scope is top-notch, the provided elastic scope cover is fine, however I'd prefer quality flip-up style caps.
The Butler Creek caps I put on my Zeiss Conquest last year are just fine as far as I can tell...I will avoid unhappiness by not reading any reviews, I guess. grin
Hmmm, well I will have to give Butler Creeks a look, I try to read the reviews with a grain of salt but there were a number of reviews that said the similar things.
Posted By: djs Re: flip up lens covers for Ziess - 09/01/11
The Butler Creek flip-ups have always worked well for me.
How do you keep the flip up cap from hitting the bill of your hat? I have tried some of the flip ups but was always bothered that they made contact with my hat.
^ The Butler creeks lay down flatter than the other styles.

On a side note: Put a set on some binos years ago, and the original pair is still going strong.
Had some Butler Creeks on a Burris and they worked just fine. I am currently looking for some for my 3-9 conquest too.
Well it seems that perhaps I read some unwarranted bad reviews of Bulter creek flip-up covers and will give them a shot. I wrote Zeiss and their response was that they all pretty much use Butler creek and even gave me sizing to order. Thanks for everyone's input.
Posted By: KDK Re: flip up lens covers for Ziess - 09/06/11
What sizes did they recommend?
© 24hourcampfire