Home
Posted By: bcraig which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
If you had a choice between a CZ 527 223 or a Tikka Stainless lite 223 for the same price which one would you pick?
Posted By: ingwe Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
Tikka....

No good reason except they shoot a wide variety of loads...and you don't worry about dinging the gun up...
Posted By: 280win Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
I vote Tikka, really like my in 243
Tikka...on my 3rd one and all of'm have shot better than I can.
Posted By: jwall Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
Make me # 4 - TIKKA -

I've had my SS Lite 270 since 03 or 04. Never have had to RE-adjust the scope.

Trigger like an icicle.

I like removeable box magazines, easy to carry an xtra in pack.

No negatives from my perspective.

Jerry
I will be the first to vote for the CZ527, the Tikka is nice and in some other caliber would suggest one. In the 223 for a light, handy and accurate rifle the CZ527 get's my vote.
Posted By: Karamoja Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
Compare twist rates before you make your final choice. The CZ-527 Varmint versions are 1:9 twist but the American is 1:12. If you prefer heavier bullets, that might influence your choice.
Posted By: Huntz Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
The Tikka 223 is also 1 : 9.plus a great trigger.Even though the CZ has a set trigger,they have a pizz poor lock time.Advantage Tikka
Posted By: GRF Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
I have a CZ527, my son has a T3 lite FOR THE SAME DOLLAR the Tikka, no flys on the CZ I just think the Tikka holds a slight edge in fit, finish and accuarcy.
Posted By: pacecars Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
I have had a couple of CZ 527s and they were both extremely accurate. Who needs heavier bullets when the 53gr TSX is around? Great deer gun.
Originally Posted by Huntz
The Tikka 223 is also 1 : 9.plus a great trigger. Even though the CZ has a set trigger,they have a pizz poor lock time.Advantage Tikka

The Tikka is actually a 1 in 8 twist, so it will handle an even wider range of bullets.
I have one in .338 Federal and it is very accurate and the action is really smooth.
I'd have no reservations recommending it.

Jerry
Tikka 4 me

Dober
Posted By: tbear99 Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
never handled a tika but have shot a friends cz in 223 and it was very accurate
Agree that if the cost is the same go with the Tikka, I have had Tikka�s in 6 different calibers and they have been great shooters.

That said I just picked up a used CZ 527 carbine in .223 that was too cheap to past up and it too shoots very well, and its 18.5 inch barrel should make it a good little predator rig.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/16/12
CZ
Posted By: Yukoner Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/17/12
You know, I guess I am just an old fudd, because I just can't warm up to the Tikka rifles. To me, there isn't even a contest between the two.

Of course, different likes and opinions is what keeps the world going around. This would be a pretty dull place if everyone shot a 9.3X62! smile

Ted
Posted By: olblue Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/17/12
Without a question the CZ527. Mine looks great and shoots great. I'd even pay more for the CZ. The real debate would be between the CZ and The Mini Mauser--- Mel

PS: Guess I better add I'm am "Old Fudd" too. laugh
Posted By: Kinsman Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/17/12
I guess I'm an old Fudd to, because I can't warm up to the Tikka either. I have two CZ-527's one in 22hornet and one in .223. I have shot a fair amount of Deer & lope with that .223 and love the wood (read not plastic).
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/17/12
A 223 loooonng action is silly, CZ by default.
Tikka,

I already did in fact. It is stunninly accurate with 52 grain matchkings.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It now looks better with a paint job and a Leupold on it.

[Linked Image]

The Tiika makes everyone happy! (except for Wiley Coyote)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/17/12
Seeing is believing, I change my vote! Tikka it is.

Great pics Mackay!
Posted By: jwall Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/18/12
Mackay - Great pics, ALL. CUTE daughter too.

Great job POSING the yote in the 1st pic. IF it hadn't been for the blood, I thot the yote was ALIVE.

Jerry
Well, the Tikka also has a wood-stocked offering, so that really isn't a strike against it. Do what I did, I took my son to Cabelas and let him handle and work the action on every conceivable brand of rifle. He came back to the Tikka every time. Light-weight, butter-smooth action, and we've come to find that its accuracy is stellar. Never handled a CZ, though, just my thoughts on the Tikka.
I like the set triggers on the CZs. I shoot much better with set triggers, as would most people, once they get used to them. It takes a bit of getting used to and practice, for sure.

Most American hunter shy away because they are much different to use and unfamiliar.
Posted By: HUNTS Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/18/12
They're both good rifles. Pick the one that YOU like best. I own both CZ and Tikka's.
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Seeing is believing, I change my vote! Tikka it is.

Great pics Mackay!

Thanks,

That little Tikka is a smoking accurate shooter. I usually grab an AR when I go coyote hunting. I need to remember to break it out more.

Rockchuck season will be on us soon enough and I should take the rifle out for a long walk in search of some suicidal chucks.
Originally Posted by jwall
Mackay - Great pics, ALL. CUTE daughter too.

Great job POSING the yote in the 1st pic. IF it hadn't been for the blood, I thot the yote was ALIVE.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

The one with the two dogs was her first yote hunt. She was proud as can be to be out hunting. It was a real test of patience trying to keep a squirmy little one quiet in the brush. Best coyote hunt I have ever been on.
Posted By: efw Re: which of these 2 rifles? - 01/18/12
Originally Posted by bcraig
If you had a choice between a CZ 527 223 or a Tikka Stainless lite 223 for the same price which one would you pick?

No firsthand experience w/ either but they've both got a reputation for accuracy so you can't go wrong there.

Seems to me its a question of what you like... me, I love nice wood, checkering, and bluing. CZ all the way. Those Tikkas look like something buck rogers woulda carried. I love their glass-slick bolts and the feel is ok, just the look makes me sick !
© 24hourcampfire