Home
Posted By: zxc Spotting Scopes and H-4350 - 03/04/12
Two questions, I am looking for a spotting scope, I want best value for the dollar, this does not mean I will settle for a cheap one, I'll pay what it takes. It will be used for glassing clear cuts and tine counts. Weight is not a real factor as I will pack it in the Quad box.
And is 57gr of H-4350 to much for a 180gr bullet in a 30-06?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Spotting Scopes and H-4350 - 03/04/12
That load sounds good in the '06....Spotting scope wise look at Leupold Ventana for the price point...
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Spotting Scopes and H-4350 - 03/04/12

Nothing beats the Kowa TSN88 with HD lens. That is if you truly want the very best
Posted By: zxc Re: Spotting Scopes and H-4350 - 03/04/12
Originally Posted by jwp475

Nothing beats the Kowa TSN88 with HD lens. That is if you truly want the very best

a friend has one of these and I must say its the finest glass I have looked through, incredable detail at distance!
It would be hard t beat any of the Leupold or Nikon spotting scopes. And as far as the '06 load goes, I use 58.0 grs/H-4350 and a Nosler 180 Accubond to more or less duplicate factory velocities out of one of my '06's 22" barrel.
Don't overlook Pentax spotters. Doug usually has pretty good deals on refurbs.

the load question should be just about right.
Yep, the load info is good.

There are a PILE of good porro-prism spotters for under $400 these days. I'd go to a big sporting goods store and check several of them out personally, as individual eyesight makes a difference.

Yeah, the $2000+ models are great, but the difference isn't vast these days.
I have always been fond of leupolds. but, got trick into trying the some vortex optics. pretty impressive and the prices are competitive.
© 24hourcampfire