Home
Any help would be great, Thx
Broach and button rifling is the same thing..........the other method is single point cut rifling.........unless you are talking about factory hammer forged.

Sorry forgot about polygonal
What company is broaching them?
Broach and button rifling is the same thing

I don't believe so.
A broach cuts metal a button swages it.

Polygonal is a shape, not a manufacturing method.
Polygonal is probably cut using a broach.
It is buttoned (Schneider) and hammer forged as well.
Wow! Interesting thread....
Originally Posted by mathman
It is buttoned (Schneider) and hammer forged as well.

I can see that.
Exciting. grin
what I am looking at are the aftermarket barrels for a Glock G20 6" and not sure which one to go with..looks like the rifling is diffrent. So thats why I ask if one is better then the other:

EFK Fire Dragon( rifled using Electrostatic Discharge Machine process)
KKM Precision (unique Button Rifling process)
LoneWolf(�Match grade broach cut rifling )
Stormlake(cut broach rifled)
CMIIW, but I don't think it makes a whole lotta difference for pistol barrels. I'm not an IPSC shooter, so I haven't burnt out more than one pistol barrel.

If it was a rifle, you'd likely get better life with broach cut.
If you are after accuracy I'd go with the KKM barrel
Shilen does polygonal in some of their comp. rimfires.
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Broach and button rifling is the same thing..........the other method is single point cut rifling.........unless you are talking about factory hammer forged.

Uh, not hardly. A broached barrel, such as (was) done by Thompson Center is where the rifling is CUT by a single pass of a very expensive broach (a cutting tool that incrementally increases in cross-section) whereas button rifling swages, for lack of a better word, the rifling into the smooth bore by pulling or pushing a hardened button with the negative image of the rifle ground into it.

The button simply displaces metal, the broach cuts it away.
© 24hourcampfire