Home
Anybody have experience with this bullet/load on game in a .257 Weatherby? Wondering how the bullet holds together and penetrates at that velocity.

Don't know about that one, but I recently shot a 110 NAB into dry phone books at very close range doing 3500 fps and it weighed just under 59 gr or 54% weight retention and penetrated nearly into the 5th book. The wound channel was impressive.

I'm running 71 gr IMR-7828 in Fed 7 RM brass.
Interesting, but really looking for field results for the Hornady Interbond factory load...or other Interbond bullets at same or higher velocities.
You might have a tough time. The reports I've seen on the IB here have mostly been in the reloading big game rifles forum, and the reason I (a lover of all things Hornady) used the Nosler Accubond over the Interbond in the Bee is that I've not heard much positive about the latter accuracy-wise.

That could be radically different in other iterations of the Interbond, but that is why I steered clear of the 25/110.

Ammo-wise I know the Nosler costs about 2x the Hornady in the 110 bonded bullets, but I will say (recognizing you didn't ask) that my 257 AI LOVES the 90 gr Hornady GMX, so that might be worth a try in the Bee also?

Good luck!
That is the bullet I use in my 257 WM for antelope. I have never recovered one, shot into critters from 110 to 400 yards. Never had a lopey take more than 3 steps when hit with one.
© 24hourcampfire