Home
Posted By: Sask_Hunter Lapua Mega's? - 07/18/12
Lapua Mega's are they any good on game? I have a box of 200gr 30 cals sitting at home and a bunch of empty 300wby cases. Do they hold up to the speed of the weatherby?
Posted By: writing_frog Re: Lapua Mega's? - 07/18/12

Hi Sask,

A very good cup and core bullet it is. Has killed mooses and deers by the thousands in Finland and in Europe. Not bonded but core and jacket stay together even at full speed and short range. Not a sexy bullet with plastic tips or all copper but an efficient one. The 156grs version for 270 was fantastic on all big game in Europe to and including mooses, big wild boars and bears (there are some big ones here too). Generally very accurate in most rifles. The 200grs was loaded warm in 300Win Mag with no problem at all so must go in your Roy's.

You can go with it and no fear.

Dom
Posted By: 406_SBC Re: Lapua Mega's? - 07/18/12
Only used it to hammer a 68 inch moose in the .308 185 grain version. B.C. sucks, but they are accurate and I'd rate them among the best of the cup & core bullets available. At their price point they fill a small niche.....
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Lapua Mega's? - 07/19/12
Haven't shot an animal with them, but they shoot nice out of my 6.5x55. Good groups for a round nose bullet.
© 24hourcampfire