Home
Looking at a pristine Zastava Mark X in 30-06 today and was wondering if the Zastava barrels are hammer forged, button rifled, or what?
From my limited memory. Hammer forged. My most accurate rifle I ever owned was a mark X 30-06 Date stamped 85. My 7mm rem mag whitworth date stamped 84 was the second most accurate. Both interarms imports from Zastava. I have the original 30-06 zastava book out in the shop.
Precision Hammer forged barrels. Proof tested. Both mine had the adjustable trigger. I still have the whitworth but I had to rebarrel it. I gave the 30-06 to a brother.
Thanks, thought they were but couldn't remember. Didn't know there was a date code. Will have to do some research.

thanks,

BM
Date code is on right side of action near bolt handle. Sometimes not visable with action in stock. Which stock is on your rifle? I have seen 3 basic types. The plain euro hardwood, the glass filled synthetic, the premium wood.
Thanks again Baltz. 1276 is right by the holes for the peep. Guessing it's Dec 1976. I already have two of these, but thinking about getting a third and making it a 35 Whelen. Needed to know about the rifling because I was considering having Dan Pedersen rebore it, but since it is hammer forged I think I'll just have it reabarreled.
Forgot to mention stocks. Both of mine have the impressed checkering with black forend tip, no sights and have 1075 and 1276 dates. The one I'm looking at has no forened tip and sights, I have to go back to look at the date on the one at the store. Curios if it's newer or older.
Shoot it, before you rebarrel. Hate to see an old classic killed by fixing it.
© 24hourcampfire