Home
Posted By: Daveman The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Gunwriters may shoot a greater variety of firearms than most of us, but this question is not limited to gunwriters. What is the most "fun" gun you've ever shot? My kids absolutely love my SKS; with the bayonet extended and a full magazine they can empty in a few seconds, they love it. On occasion, I like to rip through a full magazine in my 1911. It's also highly enjoyable to hit a small target waaaay out there with my 22-250. Do you have any that are a ton of fun to shoot?
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Model 63 Winchester.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
22 LR. in just about any model of rifle or handgun, as long as it shoots well.
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
S&W K-38 5" Just a freakish laser beam of a gun.

or a

WWII all numbers matching bridgeport full auto Thompson
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
10/22 target followed by the AR.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
The .223AI...

It shoots like a "Laser".... grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: roundoak Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
As a fun gun as opposed to a serious gun, a 10/22 has given me the most enjoyment.
Posted By: rattler Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
most everyone thats shot my Marlin Guide Gun with light loads cant get enough of it....loaded to warm Colt levels with 400 grain hard cast and they will spend an afternoon trying to find a chunk of wood the bullet doesnt go through laugh 10-22 or AR comes a close second...
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Carbine conversion unit on my 1911.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Ruger 10/22 carbine bought in 1968. Over the years that's the one I've had the most fun with, by far.

Firing the M2 and M60 machine guns in the Army was a ton of fun, but as a civilian I couldn't afford to feed them.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Full auto M-60. On the first 100 round belt, I blew through a 6 foot diameter stump I'd been using as a backstop for 5 years and had to fix four strands of high tension fence. It was totally worth it.
Posted By: johnw Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
I want to say that most of my guns are pure fun, to shoot.

Standouts are my H&R 317 .222, my RIA 1911 .45, and the family rifle, our Savage Cub Mini.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
22 LR. in just about any model of rifle or handgun, as long as it shoots well.

this
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Any pump or autoloading 22. Virtually any 38 or 44 Spl revolver.
Posted By: bea175 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
22 rifle
Posted By: GunLoony88 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Rented a Thompson M1 Submachine Gun at a local indoor range....30 round clip in about 2 seconds!

Wouldn't want to pay to feed that thing much!!!
Posted By: shaman Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
I'd say my most fun comes from my 10/22 with 50 rd magazines. It lasts like an all-day sucker.

Posted By: BMT Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
the gun in my hand is the most fun
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Model 1892 Winchesters in .44-40 & .357 with cast bullets shooting steel gongs.

K22 shooting anything.
Posted By: bluesman Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
S&W 8 3/8th inch .22LR revolver - BOTH Ruger 10/.22s, Mossberg .22 LR rifle, .41 magnum S&W factorty armalloy Model 58, Whitworth .375 H&H with DST, claw mounts - and the most fun gun my 8 inch barreled, .177 cal BA, pump-up pellet pistol. This pistol keeps me honest and shows every poor trigger squeeze on the target- and it gets shot 10 times every day! Shooting the heads off of the dandylions is pure fun!

Terry
Posted By: 21 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Well, I love my Colt Woodsman. That'll do.
Posted By: Teal Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
10/22 with a brick of ammo will get more grins than many.

I've also had a ton of grins come our way whenever we hand over the Henry in 22lr as well.
Posted By: Hotload Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
20 years ago, when I first got it, would say my Ruger Mini 14.
Times change, 223 ammo now costs too much, and today I would
say my Ruger 10/22 is my most fun gun.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Ruger MKII or MKIII with 5 1/2" bull barrel is the ne plus ultra of fun guns. They burn a lotta ammo, though.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
wow tough question.

after my kids got big enough to shoot I rediscovered the joys of .22 plinking.

used to spend hours at our sinkhole on the farm, shooting bottles, cans, rats, and then combing the woods for squirrels and rabbits and the odd fox.

but I do enjoy shooting my 7mm-08 and my 7 mag as well now that I put an elevation turret upon it.

but for sheer unmitigated joy, guess the .22 wins hands down.
Posted By: Notropis Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Originally Posted by rattler
most everyone thats shot my Marlin Guide Gun with light loads cant get enough of it....loaded to warm Colt levels with 400 grain hard cast and they will spend an afternoon trying to find a chunk of wood the bullet doesnt go through laugh 10-22 or AR comes a close second...

What load are you using? I have been shooting 13 grains of Trail Boss behind 405 grain Missouri Buffalow #1 and 16.5 grains of Trail Boss behind 300 grain Meisners. I shot some this morning. What a hoot.

For pure fun, a Marlin Cowboy 44 Mag or an M1 Garand are hard to beat.
Posted By: boatboy Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Not sure how you can beat 10/22s for pure fun
I never met a 10/22 I didnt like
Hank
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
The problem with 10/22s (or any semi-auto) is that they use up waaayyy too much ammo in this day & age of nonexistent 22 ammo.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Yeah, .22's always rank among the most fun, but not without ammo. Maybe somebody will have to storm somebody else's stash, preferably a somebody else who recently bought up a bunch of .22 ammo and is trying to sell it for $50+ a brick....

I have a number of rimfires, but my fsvorites to shoot are a Winchester Model 62A pump and a Ruger Mark II "slabside." Both are a blast!

Two other of my rifles that are apparently fun to shoot are a Ruger No. 1B .22 Hornet and an Interarms Mark X Mauser .375 H&H. I like to shoot both myself, but almost everybody else who tries either one likes 'em too. The people who shoot the Hornet say, "That's really cool!" and the people who shoot the .375 say, "Hey, that doesn't kick much at all!"

Though one of my hunting buddies really prefers to shoot my .416 Rigby at rocks. He says it's the best rock-busting rifle he's ever tried....
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Almost any .22 is fun but the most fun was a borrowed fully auto Tommy gun. It was a blast.
Posted By: rattler Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Originally Posted by Notropis
Originally Posted by rattler

What load are you using? I have been shooting 13 grains of Trail Boss behind 405 grain Missouri Buffalow #1 and 16.5 grains of Trail Boss behind 300 grain Meisners. I shot some this morning. What a hoot.

For pure fun, a Marlin Cowboy 44 Mag or an M1 Garand are hard to beat.

i forget, havent loaded any for awhile.....since the girls went to live with their dad over a year ago i havent been going through near as many.....
Posted By: woods_walker Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
For me, in a rifle my Marlin 1894 or Browning 92 in .357, in a handgun a Les Baer 1911 45acp. Tough call on this one. I'd better stop thinking about this before I change my mind.
Posted By: Daveman Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
I've read a bunch of folks saying that the Marlin 1894C is tops for shooting fun. Unfortunately, none of them will sell me one to let me find out for myself.
Posted By: LowBC Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
Browning shotgun when shooting sporting clays or my ruger 9.3x62. Not sure what it is about the 9.3 but it is a heck of a lot of fun.
Posted By: elliesbear Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
While I first thought of my single shot .22 [a war trophy my dad brought back from Germany] I killed who knows how many jackrabbits and other critters..but after a little thought..my browning 2000... heaven only knows how many bobs and blues that thing killed...and sunflower field doves
Handgun: .22lr Buckmark pistol. I've introduced several people to the world of shooting with that gun. I've also introduced several gophers to the afterworld with that gun. Cheap, fun, wonderfully accurate - one of my best purchases, ever.

Long gun: 700 MR in 7x57, bought from Timberline here on 24HCF. Handles like a dream, and drops critters with a casual nonchalance. Speaks in a whisper, but delivers blows like a pre-batsh!t-crazy Mike Tyson.

FC
Posted By: Paul_C Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
I love to blow though 100 or so rounds of .30 carbine out of my M1, 15 shots per mag. Cans and random stuff set out 30-40 yards away. Depending on my mood they are banzai charging Japs, Wehrmacht, N Koreans.... smile
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
M1 Carbine.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
My little .357 mag. Rossi mod. 92 trapper.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
My Kimber Custom Shop Match Target 1911 in .22lr
Posted By: mmgravy Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
I've sure enjoyed shooting a 1-8 twist .22-250 recently, both on paper and critters...
Posted By: EricM Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/02/13
The fun factor is very high in my Brno 602 375 H&H!

Eric
Posted By: BobinNH Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Ding-ding! Winner!
Posted By: gemby58 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
My fun gun is my McMillan Mac 50, love digging holes in the field and watching tree limbs fall after hitting a hog
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
The .30 carbine is our favorite.
Posted By: davidsapp Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
38/357 Marlin 1894 CSS is an awful lot of fun
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
For me, it's an HMR in a big PD patch. Absolutely no recoil, and watching the bullet impact is about as much fun as I can stand. If it's a little windy, the .204 or .221 Fireball fit the bill equally well, if a bit noisier, and the .17 Hornet, if I can ever find one, should be a really good time, as well.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
Originally Posted by boatboy
Not sure how you can beat 10/22s for pure fun

Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Ding-ding! Winner!

or you can just mix 'em... 15-22

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jt402 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
It has to be a .22. I have seven long ones and five short ones. I suppose that one of my Marlin Mounties would be the favorite rifle and one of the early MK Is would be the favorite short one for plinking or target use. For different applications, the Bearcat and one ofthe Browning semi-auto rifles or the 10-22 might move to the head of the class.

Truth is, I do not keep any gun that I do not care for, so on any given day for some application it could be a fun gun. Jack
Posted By: NC35rem Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
My fun gun. . . And my sons get a kick out of the shotshell rounds lighting up a shoot-n-see target!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 358win Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
I have three favorite guns: A single shot 410 that was my dad's first gun, a winchester 22 semi auto that was the first gun my grandfather bought after WWII around 1950 and my M1 Garand.

358win
Posted By: mark shubert Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
M1 carbine = 10/22 on steroids!

Mark
Posted By: bangeye Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
The guns I had the most fun with in my life were either my brothers single shot JC Higgins 22 down on our grandmothers farm or my 16 ga 870 I had in HS. We'd dove hunt after school with a group of friends. There were a lot of grade B diaries around in those days and silage fields were easy to come by. Man those were heady times.
Posted By: PHWILLIE Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
Rented a Thompson submachine gun once...absolutely the best $100 i EVER SPENT.
Posted By: Winnie Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
Hard to pick.. for pure shooting. My friend has a little 9mm bolt action rifle.

My 17 HMR is fun for feeding squirrels the little pill from far away

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And a open sighted 22lr is fun for squirrels as well

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wildhobbybobby Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
These three are pretty fun:

Posted By: djs Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/03/13
Everybody differs, but my "most fun gun" to shoot is a S&W Model 64 (38 Special).

It is cheap to shoot with 125 gr. lead bullets over 3.5 gr. of Red Dot powder. I go to the range and shoot 300 rounds with no heavy recoil and it only costs me about $20! What's not to like?
Posted By: calikooknic Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Full auto MAC in 9mm, 458 Win Mag puts a grin on my face every time, and yeah, just about any accurate 22lr.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
I have a little Winchester M-70 Super Grade in 22 Hornet with an old M8 4X Leupold long tube scope on it.

That rifle is an absolute blast to shoot, no recoil, not to loud, and very accurate to boot.

I love that little coyote smoker.

Gunner
Posted By: mart Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
My 400 Whelen has been a fun project and I love to shoot it. Stout recoil but not painful. After that it's a toss up. I really love to shoot my old Savage 34M 22 magnum. I bought it when I was 13 with my trapping money and terrorized the Northern New York woodchuck population.

Recently I came into a Ruger Deerstalker 44 magnum. What a fun gun to shoot. I just got a Winchester 1910 401 self loader. I'm betting it will be a bunch of fun. I found brass bullets and dies and have a few test loads worked up but have to find some 4227. I'm almost out and it is the powder in the 401 according to those that load for it.

For shotguns I sure enjoy my old Ithaca Lewis 10 gauge. Took it to Washington last fall for some ducks with Safariman and had a ball. Great duck shooting and a lot of fun.

They're all fun to shoot.

Mart
Posted By: Huntz Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Ma Deuce.
Posted By: 65X54 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
I can find a sort of a relaxation in hanging up some paper and run a couple boxes of ammo through a Smith 41. No recoil, no muzzle blast and just guilt edge accurate.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Uzi
followed by a 10-22 ruger. Absolutley loved to hunt grouse with the 10-22.

Posted By: BullShooter Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by Daveman
Do you have any that are a ton of fun to shoot?

This one. (Mine's not exactly like this, but close enough.)
--Bob
[Linked Image]

Attached picture chambers.jpg
Posted By: EdM Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Without question my Ugartechea Jubali SxS 12 bore slug gun. Less than 2" groups spot on the top of the front sight at 50 yards with 1 oz Brenneke MP slugs for which it was regulated. Just shy of 7 pounds of thump.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Huntz Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
All of these!!!!!
http://youtu.be/TS0aS5IdeKA
Posted By: P_Weed Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Marlin 1894C lever-action carbine - 357 Mag./38 Spl.

Ruger Vaquero SA revolvers - 17 HMR to 45 Colt,
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Remington 24 lr for me. Accurate, and reliable as long as you don't clean it too much. Plus it was built the year of the stock market collapse. The design is still made today in the Browing S-A 22. But my Remmy has way more character, and did I mention it's accurate?
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/04/13
Originally Posted by EdM
Without question my Ugartechea Jubali SxS 12 bore slug gun. Less than 2" groups spot on the top of the front sight at 50 yards with 1 oz Brenneke MP slugs for which it was regulated. Just shy of 7 pounds of thump.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is VERY VERY VERY nice. If I lived in a shotgun only deer area I would thin the heard for one of those.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Winchester Mod 61
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Wouldn't know where to start. Somewhere between a .17 and 16", inclusive. BP is good.
Posted By: TN deer hunter Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
.223AI for me
Posted By: Poconojack Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Maybe not the most fun that I've ever shot but, a Remington Model 14 1/2, 44.40 WCF is currently my most fun gun.
Posted By: Ella Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Cast bullet reduced loads in a Glenfield 30a w. peep sight provide much fun for young and old. We get minute of soda can at 100 yards for less than 8 grains of powder per round w. 170 grain bullets at about 1000fps give or take.

The 10/22 comes close.

Ella
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Full auto MAC in 9mm

Hot damn, an old skoo open bolt 1980's south central sweeper MAC would sure be some fun, but someone else would need to be on the hook for the cases of ammo.. laugh
Posted By: jwall Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Originally Posted by Huntz
Ma Deuce.

Haven't had that PRIVILEGE yet but I can see how that'd be hard to beat. cool

ALL are fun to shoot, sometimes the TARGET grin makes it funner.

Among mine are 1. Ruger 10/22 SS, Laminate stock. SWEEEET

Second place is 2. Ruger Mk II SS 6 7/8" Target. I've had it the longest therefore have put the most thru it.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Full Auto is kind of fun. Except that it takes a lot of practice to get decent with them. Mostly it's just spraying bullets across the countryside. I don't have the money to keep one in ammo, or a need for suppressive fire, so I'll pass. As First Sea Lord John Fischer so eloquently put it, "Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery. HIT THE TARGET! All else is twaddle".
Posted By: 28lx Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
AR and a good running 1911.
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Originally Posted by Huntz
Ma Deuce.

You may be right but the M60 was fun too grin

OK you are right Ma Deuce was funner than chit....bastids wouldn't let me play with the mini gun......or the Vulcan mad
Posted By: 28lx Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Ma Deuce is fun till you have to carry it.
Posted By: colodog Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/05/13
Two that get lots of grins when I let newbies shoot are
Marlin 1895 45-70 with cast bullets over trailboss.
Marlin 1894 .45 Colt with cast over mid level loads.

Iron sights and a nice "plang" when they hit a steel plate.
Everybody likes to play Cowboy!
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
Originally Posted by 28lx

Yep! Then it transforms into one of the most miserable torture devices ever invented!
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by 28lx

Yep! Then it transforms into one of the most miserable torture devices ever invented!

there is that but............that wasn't in the equation......OP said shoot...not carry
Posted By: 444Matt Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
Marlin 45/70 with plinking loads

Browning BL-22

Colt Diamondback 4" 38spl
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Ruger 10/22 carbine bought in 1968. Over the years that's the one I've had the most fun with, by far.

Firing the M2 and M60 machine guns in the Army was a ton of fun, but as a civilian I couldn't afford to feed them.

I originally said a .30 carbine as I thought we were talking about guns we owned. If we are talking about ones we've fired a bit I would say the B.A.R. Hands down the most fun I have ever had with a weapon. Better than a .50, an M-60 or an AR. I could get on a 55 gal drum at 500 meters in two or three short bursts. I got to shoot one quite a bit one day at I.T.R. we were the last unit on that range and there was extra ammo.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
17 HMR for rifles, and my Ruger SR22 for handguns, Two of my most used guns.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Tackleman Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/06/13
My favorite is any 22 Hornet, I just love that cartridge. Another is my Winchester model 92 in 44-40. Hope to be buried with that one.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/07/13
Hi all! Happy to be at the fire.

Any 22 rimfire in my hand used to be the ticket for instant fun and gratification- that was when the ammo was cheap and prolific. Lately, I am loving my 30-06 with reduced loads and cast or plated bullets. Those Berry 150s are benchrest bullets in my 700!

Recently inherited a Contender with a 218 Bee Bullberry bbl that is a laser and a hoot. Pop goes the squirrel! This one is cheap to shoot, and extremely satisfying from a handloading, hunting, and plinking perspective.
Posted By: pmeisel Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/13/13
Ruger Mark II?

or Colt Python?

tough decision
Posted By: buckhorn Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/18/13
Ma Deuce without a doubt. But the M-60 on a Jeep pedestal mount is a close second.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/18/13

My 20 Vartarg in a field full of p/dogs @ 400 yds....

Or my 20 Practical....or 20 BR...................or my
Posted By: czech1022 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
Marlin lever action .357 carbine. My wife and daughters love it with cast bullet target loads, it shines as a high-capacity defense carbine with +P hollowpoints in either 38 special or 357 mag, and when stoked with Garret or Buffalo Bore heavy duty loads, rivals a 30-30 for hunting deer or pigs. What a gun!
Posted By: smithrjd Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
Gota be a 22LR of some sort. I will admit the most fun gun to fire when I was in the Navy was the Ma Deuce. Could not believe what it did to a wrecked Trawler hull. Paint flying off and clean holes in 1"+ steel hull. Every third was a tracer, what was not to like??
Posted By: 340mag Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
Ive got a 458 win built by Remington,s custom shop,that is a real grin to use with super mild cast loads I won,t post all the details because you might not believe me,and Im not sure the loads safe in all guns, but a properly sized lubed 355 grain cast bullet properly hand loaded can be pushed to about 1100 fps and if shot off a bench rest, can shoot under 1/2" hundred yard 3 shot groups on a very calm windless day.
and yes Ive used that load on a few hogs and while its not going to make spectacular instant kills its deadly, and punches to the vitals
yes that loads producing less than 20% of the factory load energy levels but its still fun to shoot
Posted By: castnblast Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
Rossi M92 stainless carbine (20") .357/38 with Lyman receiver sight and a bucket full of cast .38's, and a swinging steel gong target and a bunch of tin cans. My wife even likes shooting it!
Posted By: bart71175 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
My boss has a full auto M-4 that is awesome to shoot, but gets spendy pretty quickly with todays ammo prices. ($15-$20, 30 round clip 2 seconds). My fun gun is shooting a round of trap with my 16 gauge drilling with rabbit ears, gets a lot of attention and everyone wants to try it.

Bart
Posted By: ranger1 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
S&W M&P 1522 is hands down the firearm I have the most fun with.
Posted By: vapodog Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
What is the most "fun" gun you've ever shot?

no question about it......an M-1 carbine with a basket full of surplus ammo.....and a 20 shot clip

Second most fun is a M-70 push feed in .223 Remington

Next in line is a currently owned Taurus 4" stainless tracker using .38 special ammo.....all great fun
Posted By: JGray Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
My Shiloh Sharps puts a silly grin on my face every time I pull the trigger. The Lyman GPR with patched 54 round balls rates up there.
Posted By: KR13 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/20/13
The M256 120 mm gun (M1A1 Abrams Main Gun) is definitely the most fun gun I've ever shot.

The lil Browning 1911-22 is pretty fun as well.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/21/13
1. My old Marlin 30.30. It is the ultimate gun to me.

2. Winchester Model 70 Coyote in .22-250. Shoots like a laser

3. Thompson Center Black Diamond .50 cal muzzleloader. I find the process of loading and shooting a muzzleloader is just fun and relaxing.
Posted By: kawi Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/21/13
Red Rider, times were simple.
Posted By: Kurt52 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/21/13
CZ Bobwhite SxS .410, Cooper Classic .17 HMR, and S&W 629 with cast bullet loads
Posted By: Bobcape Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/21/13
Yesterday I shot a full auto suppressed Uzi. The guy that let me shoot it has 9mm, .45 and 22LR conversions for it. I shot the .22LR version. That was at least a "hoot and a half"! Maybe two hoots! I was trying out my new 22 suppressor on a rock about 90 yards out. This guy comes over where I am and we start talking about suppressors. I let him shoot mine and he brings out his Uzi and offers it to me. I was surprised how good the trigger was on it. Peppered that rock! Immediate big grin!

I'm lucky to have a shooting spot close by to shoot out to about 1,100 yards. I try to get out once a week with my .260AI and shoot a few rounds at 700+ yards. Especially if it's really windy. I probably enjoy that the most.

Bob
Posted By: DB Bill Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/22/13
The neatest civilian rifle I ever shot was a Rem 700 chambered in .450 Marlin shooting load that held 3 round lead balls with a piece of thin cardboard between the 1st and 2nd and the 2nd and 3rd balls - not much recoil and the 3 balls would each typically hit a large paper-plate at 50 yards or a 36" square at 100 yards - not a lot of recoil and the balls would hit a piece of plywood with a resounding thump, thump and thump.

One of several wished I had kept.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/22/13
My Ruger 10/22 with its 24inch sporter weight barrel and box of sub sonics is about as much fun as I want with a rifle.
Posted By: Old Coach Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
My Grandson and I both enjoy the Winchester 62A.

Coach
Posted By: Paul_C Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
I said M1 Carbine earlier but had a chance a few years back to shoot 50 rounds through an M249 SAW....that was amazing.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
Originally Posted by kawi
Red Rider, times were simple.

Ya know, now that you say that, I totally agree (though I had a pump Crossman). I don't know how many thousands of BBs I sent downrange as a kid. Puts a smile on my face even today.
Posted By: viking Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
A Henry 22 lr, there is just something about a slick lever.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Ruger MKII or MKIII with 5 1/2" bull barrel is the ne plus ultra of fun guns. They burn a lotta ammo, though.

My funnest guy would be my stainless MKII, 5.5" BB with a red dot scope. Super accurate and quick enough sight acquisition to hit hand thrown aerials when I'm on my game. grin

My youth model Henry .22LR lever-action is pretty darned fun too, especially with 21 CB shorts in the magazine.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/24/13
It's not hard to enjoy time with the 10/22 or the 22/45. Liking the SP101 in .22. Plinking with .38 special loads in a revolver. AR's are fun enough.

All those mentioned, I think the first .223AI I had was the most fun. First wildcat, learned more about reloading playing with it than any other gun, learned about ballistics, drop, and dialing while twisting elevation on it, killed lots of stuff from crows to deer, get to see it happen in the scope with no recoil at close and long distance, introduced lot of new people to shooting with it....I probably shoot 5 .223/.223AI rounds to every 1 round of all the other calibers combined. Bolt action .223AI is my choice for the most fun gun.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/31/13
Marlin 1894 357/38 hands down.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/31/13
28 gauge O/U on a skeet range or dove field.

.22 target rifle for serious shooting, Colt Woodsman for whiling away a summer evening plinking off a back porch.

Model 1899 Savage .303 or .22 HiPower loaded with mild cast bullet loads for putting a big grin on my face after making an empty beer can dance along the back stop.
Posted By: utah708 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/31/13
The two most fun guns I have shot were both suppressed. One was a Ruger 77/22 that had the barrel replaced with an integral suppressed barrel (looked like a bull barrel. All you heard was a tic and then the bullet hitting the target/backstop. The other was a Sako in 338 lapua, Nightforce scope, and big can. Took the recoil away, and at about 500 yards and beyond, things got really interesting.

I could shoot either all day.
Posted By: bea175 Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/31/13
One of my Colt Woodsman's
Posted By: JPro Re: The Most Fun Gun - 07/31/13
Youth model RWS Diana .177 air rifle with Bushnell Sportview 4x. I think it's a Model 24? No telling how much stuff perished at the hands of us kids back in the day. We could have fed the neighborhood with half a tin of pointed RWS pellets.
© 24hourcampfire