Home
CHANGING OF THE SEASONS SALE

We are quickly changing from winter�the best time for sausage making�and spring varmint hunting.

Do you have enough sausage in your freezer? Is your varmint rifle ready? How about $5 off John�s most popular shooting books, Rifle Trouble-Shooting and Handloading and Obsessions of a Rifle Loony, and my Sausage Season and Slice of the Wild as well? (Both have gotten great reviews from people who�ve bought and used them. The best kind of good review!)

You don�t have to make all that iffy meat into sausage. Slice has lots of slow cooking recipes, and marinades for tender grilling as well. In fact, pair those two cookbooks and they�ll handle anything you bring home�deliciously�and cheaper than buying store-bought sausage.

Come visit us at www.riflesandrecipes.com or call 406-521-0273. (Eileen can take your credit card over the phone.)
I dunno MD, discussing sausage and varmints in the same sentence . . . smile
Ummmmmmm Prairie dog sausage! you don't even have to skin them , just cook them in a pot and stuff the whole thing in the cases!!!!!!!!!
I have personally tasted Eileen's sausage cooked in a cast iron skillet with a couple eggs and green Tabasco during the testing stages of these recipes and can attest to the quality of at least one recipe...
Wyoming,

The big advantage to prairie dog sausage is you don't even have to grind 'em. Just use the right bullet (preferably a plastic-tip, as Shrapnel taught me) and they're ground on impact!
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Ummmmmmm Prairie dog sausage! you don't even have to skin them , just cook them in a pot and stuff the whole thing in the cases!!!!!!!!!

I don't think "stuff" is the right word - "pour" seems to be more applicable.

Mark
JB, you will get a lot of prairie dust on the meat that way!!!!
I'll be calling tomorrow...
Damn, got those 4 books already! smile
I have all four books also, Eileen's Slice of Wild and Sausage season are two of the best books I have read on wild game. Oh yeah, John's books are OK too. cool

Eileen's two books are filled with solid, practical advice and a must have for anyone that wants to start processing their own animals. You will recoup the cost of these books with the first animal you do not take to the processor. But I will not mention the cost of equipment. grin

Just ordered three books that I have been wanting.

Recently moved and money is a bit tight, but couldn't pass up the sale. My wife should understand that logic, right? smile
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Wyoming,

The big advantage to prairie dog sausage is you don't even have to grind 'em. Just use the right bullet (preferably a plastic-tip, as Shrapnel taught me) and they're ground on impact!

Do you use tweezers to pick the sand and dirt out of the ground-up varmints, or just keep in for roughage?
We only used the PD parts that land on sagebrush, which avoids the grit and saves on seasoning!
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
We only used the PD parts that land on sagebrush, which avoids the grit and saves on seasoning!

Very sage of you.

John
Hey, my mother didn't raise kids who wanted grit in their ground squirrels.
The sale continues until May 1.
One week left.

Eileen wishes to thank to all who have ordered!
Thanks for the reminder! I look forward to reading about Handloading.
Done! Looking forward to some good recipes and reading.
One guy who recently ordered RIFLE TROUBLE-SHOOTING AND HANDLOADING said he read it through twice in the first couple days. He must have been snowed in some place!
Eileen just decided to extend the sale through May 12th, the Monday after Mother's Day.
I just ordered three, and a hat. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
I called last week and have one on the way... looking forward to it.
© 24hourcampfire