Home
Seems like the discussion includes rimfires only once in a awhile. I'm kind of settling in on better quality bolt action rimfires but also like the old Winchester Model 61 pumps and older 10/22s. What rimfires do you like?
Not a gun writer, but a gun writer reader. My CZ bolt action would be hard to beat, even if you spent twice the price for another bolt action 22. On a calm day due to my lack of doping the wind well, it will make one ragged hole at 50 yards, and keep up with most center fire rifles at 100 yards.
My three favorite rifles are a Rem 40X, Win M-94-22 and a Ruger 77-22 and my S&W K-22 is my favorite handgun.
Hard not to like a Brno No.1.
My favorite .22 LR rifles are a Winchester 62A and Anschutz 54, and the handguns a Ruger Mark II "slabside" and the Colt New Frontier revolver inherited from my father. Also really like my pair of CZ 452's in .17 Mach 2 and .17 HMR, and my Winchester 9422M .22 Magnum.

Am also warming up to the (original) Browning T-Bolt I purchased earlier this year!

Am also warming up to the (original) Browning T-Bolt I purchased earlier this year! [/quote]

My favorite too...............
Grew up shooting a single shot bolt action so maybe because of that I have an affinity for semi-automatic rimfires though I shoot bolt action centerfires. I also like .22 mags. Have a Marlin Model 60, CZ 512 .22 mag and a BuckMark. After some trigger work the 512 is awesome to behold. I would like try a Magnum Research .22 mag and get another BuckMark along with a 9422M.
This former gun writer is down to one rimfire rifle. It's a Rem 782 (tube-fed bolt) that matches my beloved Rem 788 centerfire rifles. Scary accurate. Best $65 I ever spent. (It was quite a while ago.)
Think I paid $63 for mine Rocky,was 14 years old and nearly 62 now. Lot of squirrels and rabbits went into the pot in that length of time.
I've got 2 Browning Model 52 Sporters and 1 Winchester Model 69 (my first rifle in 1956). I'm partial to the M69 as it is a lot more accurate than the Browning's; it'll shoot 2.5" 100 yard groups (benchrest).
I'm just a huge sucker for the Winchester pump action .22's. I have an 1890 in .22 short, a 62A, and a 61. I even have a Rossi 62 that's a real shooter.
Not a gunwriter, but have had a Kimber (of America), Ruger 77/22 and several CZ 452s. Of those, a CZ 452 sporter in 17 HMR is all that remains. I 've recently discovered the Remington 541 and have picked up both heavy and sporter barrel versions in the last year. The heavy barrel is a Voelker Match, but it's looking like the sporter barrel version may be the best shooter of any 22 LR I've owned.
Haven't written a gun article in some years, but my stainless 10-22 is a favorite. If I were to buy another .22 rifle, it would undoubtedly be a CZ after watching a fella at the range the other day.

Pistols? Too damn many favorites to list.
Not a gunwriter but staying at a Holiday Inn this weekend.

Winchester model's 63 and 67!
Anchutz 64 and a Rem 580-Muddy
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Not a gunwriter but staying at a Holiday Inn this weekend.

Winchester model's 63 and 67!

Sorry but it doesn't count unless you stay at a Holiday Inn EXPRESS... wink
© 24hourcampfire