Home
An excellent series of hunting articles from somewhere I guess about 1981-1986 came to mind; but, after so long and my brother so raiding my old mags collection, I recall only some few bits beyond that I enjoyed the article and anxiously awaited each installment. Some key bits that I do recall:

- Likely mags would've been Sports Afield, Outdoor Life, Hunting, or a long shot Guns & Ammo or American Rifleman

- They hunted Canada and / or Alaska for moose, caribou, sheep, etc..

- Rifles were a .300H&H and a .270W one scoped and one receiver sights.

- They hunted wild country and just the two of them and mostly backpacked.

- They were bush hippies but not loopy - hunted hard and wrote well.

Does anyone else remember this old series of articles, and can add anymore bits beyond these fragments that I recall?
Here is the book that they wrote:

QR code for Hard Hunting

Title Hard Hunting
Authors Patrick Shaughnessy, Diane Swingle
Edition illustrated
Publisher Winchester Press, 1978
ISBN 0876912706, 9780876912706
Length 182 pages
Great!

Thanks abc!

I thought that this question was a long shot.

Answered already.
I read that book as a teen. I still have it and still recommend it! Amazon has some copies for $6.
I just ordered it,thanks for the tip.

mike r
This thread must have started a run on it as I got clobbered on Amazon for 25 to get a copy. However my hunch was right. Spot on for a good book with a whole lot of good solid hunting related story telling for a young lady to read.
Going to give this one to my 12 year old to scour thru. She is a reader and I think the moose and trout story will get her hooked.
Thanks for the tip.
PS some great photos of the back country I fear may not be so far back these days.
Still the get off the road lesson applies most places I have been.
Any one know if the authors are still active?

Now $90 on Amazon.
© 24hourcampfire