Home
I have read of a method using epoxy to rigid mount the rifle action into the stock so it doesnt move ."glue and screw" Method
If so what did you think of it compared to regular epoxy bedding?

Thanks
No I just my mount and bed ellswere so to speek.
Rigid mount as in, destroy stock if you want it off? No.
I have used two part clay type epoxy with great results.
Glue and screw was used by benchresters way back when. I haven't heard about it in a very long time. Being able to remove your action has a lot going for it.
Classic reply:

Yes, but, not intentionally...
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Glue and screw was used by benchresters way back when. I haven't heard about it in a very long time. Being able to remove your action has a lot going for it.

IIRC, you had to stick the gun in a freezer overnight to get it out of the stock.
Paul B.
The old benchrest glue-in process involved pinned in triggers that could be removed without taking the stock off, as well as barrels that could be replaced with the stock on.

Glue-ins would have more disadvantages with a hunting gun.
If you bed the action properly, it shouldn't move anyway.
I have several Glue-ins form the LV benchrest days. They work well. You have to use extended trigger pins so you can remove the trigger for cleaning, adjusting, etc. since the action is glued to the stock. Then you have to assemble the trigger with short slave pins to reassemble the trigger to the action. A real pain. I have removed one of them from the stock with heat and a wooden wedge, and then glued it back in. I surely wouldn't do a glue-in now. No need. We've perfected the bedding process.

Bob
© 24hourcampfire