Home
Posted By: Rug3 Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
Are there any up to date manuals on the market. One that I like has not been updated in 12 years.

Any new ones on the horizon?

Thanks
Jim
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
Pretty hard to beat Hodgden's on line manual for up to date.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
fishdog52

Thanks. I reference the Hodgdon on line frequently. Lookin for a book I can take with me and I don't use a smart phone nor tablet.

Jim
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
I like the Lyman book. They update it every few years.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
Hodgson offers an annual update that I use a lot. I decided to purchase one yearly and it gives me lots of good and timely loading data.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
The yearly Hodgdon not only has up to date data, there are some really good articles in it also.
Posted By: Pittu Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
I go to all of the bullet and powder mfgrs websites and print out there reloading data catalogs. That's harder to do for hodgdon, but Alliant, Sierra, nosler, Accurate, etc are available online. I use Lyman's 49 when I can't find a powder that I want to use listed in the other books or as a second check on safe loads. I have found mistakes in several manuals...

I have the nosler book and the hornady book. Both are good, but the loads in the hornady seem a bit "cautious" sometimes.

If I could only have one manual, it would be Lyman 49th edition, it has a great variety of loads, calibers, and powders represented, including cast bullet loads for most calibers...
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/29/14
The Lyman manual is my favorite for several reasons. First, they have one of the best how to sections anywhere. They also list preferred accuracy loads, and they use a variety of components. After the Lyman, I buy Nosler and Hornady manuals since those are my most used bullets. I use the online powder manufacturers data also. Now that Nosler has most if not all of their manual data on their site, I find I use it the most.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Reloading Manuals - 11/30/14
Thanks guys. It's time to update the library.
Jim
© 24hourcampfire