Home
Posted By: old_willys The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale - 12/09/14
The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale has anyone used it? My lyman digital scale is no longer accurate.
Posted By: NTG Re: The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale - 12/09/14
I have a wheeler. Good for what it is. If you need super accurate it isn't the answer.
I've had one for years. It works, but it aint fancy by any means.
I have one. Works for what it is. The main thing is to position it on the trigger as close to the position as possible each time or readings will vary quite a bit.
The RCBS is about bullet proof and I've had mine for years.

DF
I like mine and have been using it for many years.
Posted By: Daveh Re: The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale - 12/13/14
Same as above. Years of use, ain't fancy and it works for my use.....
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by quarterboredave
I have one. Works for what it is. The main thing is to position it on the trigger as close to the position as possible each time or readings will vary quite a bit.

quarterboredave;
Good morning to you sir and that's good information in my experience.

I've had one of the base models - 9450 - for years and as you note it works OK if one pays attention to the details.

All the best to you this Christmas season and good luck to the OP in his search for a trigger pull gauge.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
I like mine and have been using it for many years.

Yep, mine has been great.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale - 12/13/14
When the Lyman digital was functional, what did you ever get the same reading twice out of, say, ten measurements of the same trigger?

For those with the RCBS, same question.
Yes, but I think it is as much or more a function of the trigger being consistent than the scale.

Timneys and Jewells will give very consistent readings on my RCBS scale where some other factory rifles will vary 1/4 to 1/2 pound. As noted above you have to position it at the same place on the trigger and pull back at the same angle each time. High on the trigger = less leverage = higher reading, lower position = more leverage = lower reading.

To the original post - yes, I have had one for several years now and am very satisfied with it. I can't prove it is dead nuts accurate, i.e. when it says 3 pounds maybe a certified lab quality scale might say 3 lbs 2 oz, but it's plenty good enough for setting hunting or target triggers.
Posted By: Bugger Re: The RCBS Trigger Pull Scale - 12/13/14
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I've had one for years. It works, but it aint fancy by any means.

Agreed - same for me
Originally Posted by 5sdad
When the Lyman digital was functional, what did you ever get the same reading twice out of, say, ten measurements of the same trigger?

RCBS reads very consistently with all of my rifles. If it were not, I'd be more suspect of the rifles trigger than the scale. To answer you question. 8 out of 10... My triggers are pretty damn good though.. wink
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I ordered new triggers for two different rifles preset from timney @ 2.5 lbs and both read 3.5 on the Lyman I took the guns to a local gunsmith and using weights they tested at 2.5 not the 3.5 I was getting. It reads the same each time but a pound high.

© 24hourcampfire