Home
Posted By: RevMike Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Hey guys, check it out:

http://jamesdjulia.com/373_shs/

Scroll down to the first double rifle just under the pictures of EK. I'll bet Ingwe will be cashing in his 401K.
Posted By: jpb Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Sure some nice arms there!

However, Inge will have to be quick!

The late Jim Corbett�s Tiger Rifle-the best quality boxlock .450-400 by W.J. Jeffery & Co., with which he killed so many man-eating tigers for the Indian government (Elmer Keith Estate Coll.).

[Linked Image]

Heck, if I had that rifle, I'd be letting all know that it was Corbett's "tiger rifle" -- big time!

I might mention that Elmer Keith owned it later...

John

Posted By: Whitebird Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Those Hoffman rifles are really nice.... hell, what an incredible collection.
Posted By: RevMike Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
I know. I don't know if I'd actually load some cartridges way down just to put the old rifle back in business or just let it sleep in the bed with me.

I never was a huge fan of EK so I'd probably leave out that tidbit of information. But he sure had good taste in firearms.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Originally Posted by RevMike

Scroll down to the first double rifle just under the pictures of EK. I'll bet Ingwe will be cashing in his 401K.

Sorry...didnt see anything I needed....
Posted By: jpb Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
I know. I don't know if I'd actually load some cartridges way down just to put the old rifle back in business or just let it sleep in the bed with me.

I never was a huge fan of EK so I'd probably leave out that tidbit of information. But he sure had good taste in firearms.

Agreed on all points, RevMike!

I vividly recall visiting my Grandmother when I was perhaps 13 and staying in my father's old bedroom. I picked out a book to read one night -- "Maneaters of Kumaon" by Corbett. From then on Corbett was one of my boyhood heroes.

No flies on Elmer, but to have Corbett's rifle -- wow!

For sure I'd be taking that rifle moose hunting every year -- it ought to be a nice moose "tipper-over" as they say here in Sweden.

John
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
The Pachmayr custom M70 .375 H&H and all the double rifles are just WOW! Would love to own the Pachmayr .375 H&H. smile
I saw that too, Ken. The wood is incredible! If I had that I might reconsider going to Africa with Ingwe and Jason.
If I had that Pachmayr .375 H&H,it would hunt elk,bear,Africa,rabbits,deer and anything else I can think of. wink
Did you scroll through any of the other guns below the EK collection (and below the collection of machine guns)? Holy cow!
Yes,they were nice,but not my style. Like the "classic" firearms.

Bought a Yugo military mauser M24/47 in .25-06 last Friday. Working on some handholds for it. Trying 85 gr NBT-CT and gonna try a 100 gr Sierra,Speer or Nosler next.

Think those 100 grs will be good for deer and coyotes. wink
Yeah, but did you see the Rigbys?

I expect those 100 grainers will be good for a lot of stuff. Be sure and post a picture of the rifle.
Did just now. Really like the Pre-War G&H .416 Rigby and the Rigby .375 H&H.

Will try and post pics of the .25-6 here in a little bit.

Oh,and Rev,have a Happy New Year!
Thanks! And a healthy, happy New Year to you as well.
Posted By: ghost Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Looks like I'm scheduled for rotator cuff surgery around that time, hope not, as want to be there to buy Elmers 333OKH. won't shoot it maybe, but is a really great looking rifle. Need to see what else is there too. Too bad Cabela's decided to do away with the Keith set up at their Boise store. Also, if "there" can see up close and personal, these guns. Because there's a lot of double rifles, might bring some good money, but I was at the auction where they sold Bill Jordan's stuff, and the thing that brought the most money was his hat and badge. But he didn't have this kind of firearms either, though a lot of one of a kind handguns with his personal number on them, and his engraved signature.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's some pics of the .25-06 Rev. Got lucky with this one as I paid only $275 for it,scope and sling included.
Nice grab!
Posted By: lastround Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
A part of me says its a shame to break up that fine collection of Keith's guns.....the other part says maybe it would be more fitting if sold off so many can enjoy them. I know that I would love to have a few of them.
Nice grab!
I thought so too!
Posted By: mart Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Even though the 400 Whelen is right handed I'd sure love to have it. Wouldn't mind the Ithaca NID 10 gauge either.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Keith Collection - 12/31/14
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The Pachmayr custom M70 .375 H&H and all the double rifles are just WOW! Would love to own the Pachmayr .375 H&H. smile

It's been drilled and tapped, kind'a ruins the value some...

wink
grin Yeah.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Keith Collection - 01/03/15
Schit!!!! I'd better get to the Boise Cabelas to drool on #5 and his M29s one more time before they're gone! I hope I'm not already too late.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Keith Collection - 01/03/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Schit!!!! I'd better get to the Boise Cabelas to drool on #5 and his M29s one more time before they're gone! I hope I'm not already too late.

I'd OWN his custom Colt SAA if I had one the MegaMillion tonight wink
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Keith Collection - 01/03/15
Well, a quick 'net search learned me the cold truth----------------they're all gone. Now I really wish I hadn't taken the display for granted during my hurried Christmas shopping. frown

Posted By: tisha Re: Keith Collection - 01/03/15
No one going to buy the Pachmyer rifle as a collector model 70. With all the fancy wood, and such on it, it is FAR more valuable as a custom rifle. If the drilling and tapping had shot that down, the engraving and fancy wood sure would have.
© 24hourcampfire