Home
Posted By: cal74 Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Haven't seen anything posted on this here yet, looks interesting for the price point.

Anyone that attended the shot show that can comment?

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/GunCleaning/borescope.php
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
good idea i use a snap on camera on muzzleloaders i'll have to measure camera end see what rifles it would work on
Posted By: BarryC Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Oh my goodness! They are going to sell a bunch of those!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
I think I'll pass. I don't want to be depressed when the borescope tells me my super accurate pristine bore has blemishes. smile
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Figuring what the real world price will be, yeah, I'm in!
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Oh boy! Now a bunch more rifle loonies will be depressed about what the bores of their accurate rifle barrels actually look like.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Amen
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Lyman borescope - 01/31/15
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Oh boy! Now a bunch more rifle loonies will be depressed about what the bores of their accurate rifle barrels actually look like.

That should be good for barrel sales.

Maybe that will be the next shortage?

Either way, you should be able to get several good articles out of the new trend.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Lyman borescope - 02/01/15

But JB buying a new toy is part of being a rifle looney. It's just in this case the new "toy" isn't a rifle smile
Posted By: Huntz Re: Lyman borescope - 02/01/15
I am going to get one.Should be good for checking hemorrhoids
Posted By: HawkI Re: Lyman borescope - 02/02/15
I like using the Hawkeye Borescope gadget; its good for checking copper fouling in the throat and maybe curing an ailing tube by finding a cause or keeping tabs on erosion.

Of course I'm sure some people with declare their eyes the arbiter of issues without shooting the gun....
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Lyman borescope - 02/02/15
Checking how various cleaning products actually work is a very good use of a bore-scope. I also use mine for checking on how fire-lapping, particularly when smoothing a worn throat.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Lyman borescope - 02/02/15
Yep!
Posted By: djs Re: Lyman borescope - 02/03/15
This will sell like hot cakes and, put pressure on Hawkeye (assuming it performs as well, or nearly so)
Posted By: djs Re: Lyman borescope - 02/03/15
This will sell like hot cakes and, put pressure on Hawkeye (assuming it performs as well, or nearly so)
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Lyman borescope - 02/03/15

Like a moth to a flame..................I'll be there. blush

I'm sure it'll drive me nuts, but evaluating copper removal, moly buildup, throat wear and pitting will be worth the emotion turmoil I suffer. Price has been my only hurdle in maintaining my blind peace of mind.
Posted By: Quartermaster Re: Lyman borescope - 02/20/15
Check out the one on the Larry Willis website. After much procrastination, i broke down and ordered one due to the fact that he said I could return it, if I didn't like it. It is similar to this one. It certainly isn't a Hawkeye, but suits me needs very well.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Lyman borescope - 01/01/18
Bump for more current feedback
Posted By: kraky111 Re: Lyman borescope - 01/01/18
My Lyman unit is at least a year old and is still working flawlessly and I am very glad I bought it it's a good tool for the money... it keeps me from over cleaning and from under cleaning.... and yes I have a few Factory barrels that would make a person cry when you see them but they look great on paper...lol
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Lyman borescope - 01/02/18
Don’t buy one; you’ll never believe what some of your good shooters look like on the inside😀

I’ve had mine for a year or so and, if nothing else, you can find out pretty quickly how well different bore cleaners work. Well worth the price of admission.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Lyman borescope - 01/02/18

I've been thinking hard about one of the Lyman borescopes.

But I keep asking myself if I really need another toy for my toys...........
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Lyman borescope - 01/02/18
We’ve sold several. The guys that bought them are now telling their buddies to do the same. Nice product for the money.
Posted By: kraky111 Re: Lyman borescope - 01/02/18
Btw.... a Lyman borescope is a good salesman for Tikka rifles..... if you have a Tikka I think you will like what you see with the bore scope ..at least my two tikas are very very nice.....just saying.... without a doubt the nicest Factory barrels I have.
On the flip side don't look down a Savage Barrel unless you've had a couple shots and a beer first.... the last two inches of mine look like it was polished with a rat tail file but somehow the damn thing still shoots!
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Lyman borescope - 01/02/18
I have one and it works well. Some guns will really rattle your cage though.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Lyman borescope - 01/04/18
My buddy has one, in addition to an older Hawkeye. The Hawkeye was about twice as sharp, visually, than the Lyman. I have no idea whatsoever if something was outta whack with the Lyman or not, but it was not that sharp compared to the Hawkeye. Just another opinion. Worth what you just paid for it.
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Lyman borescope - 01/04/18
I have the Lyman and have used the Hawkeye in the past-- for my purposes, the resolution of the Lyman is "plenty good" and the ability to take digital photos with it is a nice bonus.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Lyman borescope - 01/04/18
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

That should be good for barrel sales.

Maybe that will be the next shortage?

Either way, you should be able to get several good articles out of the new trend.

You mean we may have to wait 5 -10 years for one now?
© 24hourcampfire