Home
Posted By: rinkydink Question on early tasco - 03/04/15
I have acquired a made in Japan tasco model 629TR. The tr stands for trajectory/rangefinding reticle. It is a 3 x 9 x32. Elevation knob hand adjustable.

It is early 1980s vintage. Much too complicated for this ole farm boy.

Any info ? I have googled it. Does it have any collector value ?

It could be used as a "regular" scope. It has very clear and bright glass.

Any info ???

Thanks.

Tom aka rinkydink

Posted By: 4ager Re: Question on early tasco - 03/04/15
It has next to no collector value. It can be used as a "regular" scope, and is - in my opinion - better used that way.

For their day, the Japanese Tascos were pretty decent glass.
Originally Posted by rinkydink
I have acquired a made in Japan tasco model 629TR. The tr stands for trajectory/rangefinding reticle. It is a 3 x 9 x32. Elevation knob hand adjustable.

It is early 1980s vintage. Much too complicated for this ole farm boy.

Any info ? I have googled it. Does it have any collector value ?

It could be used as a "regular" scope. It has very clear and bright glass.

Any info ???

Thanks.

Tom aka rinkydink

http://tinypic.com/i4l7pd.jpg

dave
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Question on early tasco - 03/05/15
They were real decent and sturdy scopes. Now with ilike's link you have a good scope with all the functions.
Posted By: rinkydink Re: Question on early tasco - 03/05/15
Thanks Luv2safari. I so not have an application for this scope and was trying to decide on a sales price.

Tom aka rinkydink
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Question on early tasco - 03/06/15
Ive got an early 80s Jap Tasco 8x40 scope. Good for its day. Its my spare now and whenever I have a rifle start to shoot crap groups, on goes the Tasco to see if its the scope causing the problem. Invariably the groups go back to where they were supposed to be!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Question on early tasco - 03/06/15
I have a 4X that I purchased in the early 90's. It always seemed fine to me, but I am smart enough to listen to the facts supplied by my betters about such things and retired it after a few years. A couple of years ago, my hunting partner (who has much more experience with all such things than do I) and I were messing with scopes up in his third-floor gun room, looking out across the fields and comparing them for clarity and sharpness. When he looked through the old Tasco mid-way through the pile, he looked for a long time and then said, "Hmmmm..."
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: Question on early tasco - 03/07/15
I have a 3x9 Jap made Tasco that I bought back in the mid 80s. It is much better than the current ones made in China. I used to have it mounted on my 30-06 but the eye relief was a little to short. Other than that it is a very good scope. It will never be sought after by collectors though. For years now I have been using it on my .22 RF rifles.
If you ever see a Tasco World Class "Plus", take a closer look. It is "not" a Walmart special.
© 24hourcampfire