Home
Of all the current factory rifles which has the most complicated trigger mechanism? Or more complicated than it needs to be?
Winchester trigger is a whole lot more complicated than it used to be which proves it is more complicated than it needs to be.
Might be the CZ single-set.
I dunno, but my primary gunsmith says bad words about Brownings ...

"Rube Goldberg" comes to mind.
Depends on the Browning.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Might be the CZ single-set.

+1

Tougher than a cheap steak!
nothing complicated about any trigger if you understand how it works.
I've worked on a few Kleingunthers, KDF's and Lazzeroni's (all built by KDF, IIRC) that had rusted up trigger mechanisms after being in one good rain and not thoroughly dried out and oiled afterwards.

When I had my shop, one of my main customers was a very wealthy guy that collected them, but hunted hard with all of them.
I suspect that you are asking the question as pertaining to over the counter hunting rifles but if not - the most complicated trigger I am aware of is the Anschutz 5018 trigger which is the one used on their high end rimfires.
The amount of adjustments and range of adjustments is practically beyond fathoming.

I cannot get the link to copy but google Anschutz 5018 trigger adjustment and take a look. I had one that was maladjusted and even with the instructions it took hours to get it functioning properly.

drover
I had a MkX w/ 4 adjustment screws that gave me fits. powdr
I'm going to cheat because it's no longer in production, but the Browning B78 single shot has the most complicated sporting rifle single trigger I've ever seen. Everything is adjustable and everything has to be adjusted just so and in the right order to make it work properly.

When you compare the complex box of springs and screws used to Browning's dead simple original design it's mind boggling.
The CZ single set trigger only looks complicated. It is really easy to adjust including disabling the set function. The old Colt Sauer, that was a complicated trigger; only matched by the action itself.

Possibly a Sako Finnwolf...
Husqvarna,

Apparently there is a difference of opinion here on what “complicated” means.

Most dictionaries define it in two ways. The most common primary meaning is “consisting of many connecting parts and elements,” with “intricate” as a synonym. The secondary meaning is “involving complications,” as in surgery gone wrong.

A trigger can definitely consist of many parts and elements, but be easy to adjust. I mentioned the CZ single-set trigger because it has a lot of parts, but it definitely isn’t difficult to adjust. In fact I find it much easier to adjust than many simpler triggers with far fewer parts.
We need someone to apply Occam's razor to those triggers...
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Husqvarna,

Apparently there is a difference of opinion here on what “complicated” means.

Most dictionaries define it in two ways. The most common primary meaning is “consisting of many connecting parts and elements,” with “intricate” as a synonym. The secondary meaning is “involving complications,” as in surgery gone wrong.

A trigger can definitely consist of many parts and elements, but be easy to adjust. I mentioned the CZ single-set trigger because it has a lot of parts, but it definitely isn’t difficult to adjust. In fact I find it much easier to adjust than many simpler triggers with far fewer parts.

Absolutely.

That trigger is full of parts and pieces, although it's not that hard to adjust.

You guys may get tired of looking at this photo. Thought it would show the complexity. And, I'll not mention MIM parts breaking... laugh

DF

[Linked Image]
Opposite
[Linked Image]
Aaah.. the Win 70 trigger.

I have two, Alaska Arms Win 70 triggers for M98 on their way.

I just cant stand the enclosed triggers offerd for Mausers.
[Linked Image]
Hilarious,
laugh laugh

However, Mr. Redgwell, the OP inquired about "rifle" trigger complexity. wink

Geno
Yes. My mistake. smile
Mistake noted, and forgiven.

By this member at least, There be a few on here that might not tolerate such shenanigans. They don't seem to tolerate anything.
Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad
However, Mr. Redgwell, the OP inquired about "rifle" trigger complexity.
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Yes. My mistake.

Mistake corrected. To date, triggers of Acme rifles have always been notably more complex than Acme pistol triggers.
--Bob
[Linked Image]
And heavier.
Well, IF we were talking about pistol triggers as well, I'd say the Luger trigger has to rank up there.

American engineer: "I can build that with two moving parts."
German engineer: "I can build it mit eight moving parts! I vin!"
Originally Posted by bea175
nothing complicated about any trigger if you understand how it works.

True dat!

And, if you don't understand how they work, EVERY trigger is 'complicated'.
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
However, Mr. Redgwell, the OP inquired about "rifle" trigger complexity.
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Yes. My mistake.

Mistake corrected. To date, triggers of Acme rifles have always been notably more complex than Acme pistol triggers.
--Bob
[Linked Image]

If my aged memory is working, those acme rifles were not any better at taking care of "wascully wabbits" than the pistols.
Steyr Mannlicher, Colt Sauer, and I agree fully with the Browning B78. Domestic rifles, the Savage 110.
The Remington Walker trigger is certainly more complex than it needed to be. And that is a weakness to its design, IMO.
Originally Posted by Northman
Aaah.. the Win 70 trigger.

Copy there of, Kimber of Oregon Mod 89 BGR.
I'm guessing such simplicity is uncouth for modern times?
© 24hourcampfire