Home
Posted By: natman Remington ISS firing pin - 10/06/15
When the Remington Ti rifles first came out I bought one in 260 Rem just before I got transferred out of the country. When I came back they had been discontinued and the prices had shot up so much that I sold it.

As proof of Natman's law regarding gun parts (If you can't find a gun part you know you have, sell the gun. The part for the now departed gun will soon turn up), I've found a new firing pin and bolt shroud assembly. I remember that the original gun had Remington's ISS lock on the bolt shroud and that's why I bought a replacement without ISS.

My question:

Will this bolt shroud / firing pin assembly that was intended for a gun with ISS fit any short action 700 or only ones that originally came with ISS?

It's time to sell it and I want to make sure I describe the guns it will fit accurately.
What's ISS?
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Remington ISS firing pin - 10/06/15
ISS = J-Lock
I think it should fit any 700 short action, but I'm no gunwriter or Smith.
Posted By: M16 Re: Remington ISS firing pin - 10/07/15
Yes, it will fit. I changed out five or six of mine and didn't have any problems.
Could someone point me in the general direction of a YouTube video on how to change it out? Thanks!
Posted By: M16 Re: Remington ISS firing pin - 10/08/15
I use a shoestring tied to a sturdy object. But the string in the cocking grove and pull tight while turning. This works if you are replacing both the shroud and firing pin. Here is a video for complete disassembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QikbG7FN84
© 24hourcampfire