Home
Posted By: gahuntertom Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
I am thinking about buying either a Nosler 48 or Cooper 54 in 7 Rem Mag anyone have either, what do you like about them?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
10 pages, easy... Oh, don't own either one, but have handled both and my good friend Pugs owns a Cooper and he loves it.
Posted By: RGK Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
I'm liking the Cooper I just got. Nice workmanship and the accuracy potential is there. I had mine special-ordered with full length bedding, instead of the usual free-float.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Huntz Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
Originally Posted by RGK
I'm liking the Cooper I just got. Nice workmanship and the accuracy potential is there. I had mine special-ordered with full length bedding, instead of the usual free-float.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Nice stick of wood!!!! grin
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
gahuntertom,

In my experience they're both excellent rifles (how’s that for equivocation?), and both companies use very good barrels, which is the heart of any rifle.

Nosler's prices seem to be a little lower, whether you want a synthetic or walnut stock. It might come down to what details you want.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
I would think Cooper would be an easier resell? I chose Cooper but wouldn't have a problem with purchasing a Nosler.
Posted By: grumpy7904 Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
A 7 mm Rem mag will have to be in a model 52 not 54 I have 3 Coopers and cant say a bad word about them. I've only seen one Nosler rifle a Trophy Grade I think it was called it seemed to be well built but if You ever wanted to sell it I think the Cooper would move faster.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
I have both a cooper and nosler rifles. My cooper is a model 52 30/06 and my two noslers are a model 48 TGR in 338 Win Mag and a Patriot in Nosler 26.

I love my cooper. Everything about it is really nice. I have taken it into some very nasty country and wrapped the stock with camo cloth tape and used copious amounts of barricade and electrical tape. It killed a nice billy that I lost off of a cliff and was never able to recover it.

I took my Nosler 26 this year and with the cerracoat and microslick in the action I was able to beat on it let it take poor weather and I didn't have to take all the preventative measures that I had to do with the Cooper. It killed my goat this year but 26 really causes more blood shot meat than I wanted.

So if you want to get a rifle for the worst possible conditions I would lean towards the Nosler. If I wanted tip top accuracy I would lean towards the Cooper.

Just my thoughts.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Cooper or Nosler? - 11/23/15
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I am thinking about buying either a Nosler 48 or Cooper 54 in 7 Rem Mag anyone have either, what do you like about them?

I would get the Nosler only for the Pac-Nor barrel.
© 24hourcampfire