Home
Posted By: oklahunter Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
I just saw the revised NULA website. It refers to Forbes Rifle folding up. Is Forbes done? That seems a shame.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Yep, Forbes is done.

Apparently the people at Forbes couldn’t put the rifles together right, and wouldn’t ship them to Melvin for inspection and testing before they went to customers, which was the agreement. So Melvin insisted they buy out his share, I believe close to a year ago. And things went downhill fast after that.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Have there ever been any acquisition deals that worked out to the benefit of the consumer?
Posted By: logger Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Well, that's interesting!. That means that I now have 4 Forbe's related rifle - two from failed partners (Forbes Rifle and Colt Light Rifle) and two from Forbes (ULA and NULA).
Posted By: SU35 Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Yep, Forbes is done.

Good, good residence, glad I dumped mine when I did.

Posted By: deflave Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Holy fugk am I glad I never bought one.

Travis
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
5sdad,

Colt and Ultra Light Arms were an "acquisition deal," but Forbes was not.

Colt bought ULA and it continued operation as a custom shop, while the Colt factory produced the Colt Light Rifle. That's why Melvin had to reorganize Ultra Light Arms into New Ultra Light Arms when he reacquired the company.

Forbes was formed as a separate company from NULA, with Melvin one of the partners. The Forbes partnership had no effect on NULA, because it remained a separate company.
Posted By: sigguy Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
If you can find a Forbes at a good price, buy it. Most shoot, and if not Melvin stands behind them and will make it right.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
Mine is a great shooter.As good as my NULA.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
It appears the boys at the Forbes Project killed the golden goose.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
I'll buy one in 7-08 or 243 as soon as I find one at firesale. My Colt that Melvin worked over is my favorite rifle.
Posted By: haverluk Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/24/15
It is nice to see that Mel put some effort into his new website.

My NULA 20 in .308 will likely be the last rifles I would ever sell.

The phrase "Often intimated but never duplicated" comes to mind and definitely holds true in the history the Ultra Light Arms!
Posted By: Bud Gills Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/26/15
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'll buy one in 7-08 or 243 as soon as I find one at firesale. My Colt that Melvin worked over is my favorite rifle.

I tried using the search function with no luck to find some info on the 20B in 7-08.
I can get a pretty good deal on one right now probably because of the rumours surrounding their demise.
Does anyone on here have any hands-on experience with a 20B in 7-08..... pros and / or cons ?
Any info will be greatly appreciated..
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/26/15
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Have there ever been any acquisition deals that worked out to the benefit of the consumer?

Oliver Winchester bought out Henry. Of course there have been. Despite the modern infatuation with gloom, businesses continue to provide goods, often better goods, at lower prices.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Is Forbes Rifle done? - 11/27/15
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Aint gonna happen.They are going up in price.They were a bargain to begin with. shocked
© 24hourcampfire